Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Yesterday, all of a sudden my calendar showed empty. There was an unexpected reboot & all the entries were missing. I couldn`t figure out what went wrong. I tried restoring the calendar entries (thru ovi suite) from a back-up which is 3 months old. It showed successful restore but the old items are still not showing up.

On searching the forums for help, I couldn`t find out any solution to this. I came to know that all the items of calendar are stored at /home/user/.calendar/calendardb.backup. This file shows the last modified date/time of one day before it crashed.

Can anyone help me how to restore the items from this file, or any other way?

The Following User Says Thank You to dipen_sanghavi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by dipen_sanghavi View Post
Yesterday, all of a sudden my calendar showed empty. There was an unexpected reboot & all the entries were missing. I couldn`t figure out what went wrong. I tried restoring the calendar entries (thru ovi suite) from a back-up which is 3 months old. It showed successful restore but the old items are still not showing up.

On searching the forums for help, I couldn`t find out any solution to this. I came to know that all the items of calendar are stored at /home/user/.calendar/calendardb.backup. This file shows the last modified date/time of one day before it crashed.

Can anyone help me how to restore the items from this file, or any other way?
I have file "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" - and my Calendar is fine.
So, copy file "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb.backup" to another place (like, "/home/user/MyDocs") just-in-case, and then copy it to "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" - maybe, Calendar will be able to read it, then.
If "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" disappears - I don't know why it would disappear - you will be glad to have a copy of it safe somewhere else (like, in "/home/user/MyDocs").
If Calendar reads the entries - it might require "killall Calendar" in X-Term as non-root - then you will be glad that Maemo backed up your database, and it wasn't lost during unexpected reboot. Merely misplaced.
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
I have file "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" - and my Calendar is fine.
So, copy file "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb.backup" to another place (like, "/home/user/MyDocs") just-in-case, and then copy it to "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" - maybe, Calendar will be able to read it, then.
If "/home/user/.calendar/calendardb" disappears - I don't know why it would disappear - you will be glad to have a copy of it safe somewhere else (like, in "/home/user/MyDocs").
If Calendar reads the entries - it might require "killall Calendar" in X-Term as non-root - then you will be glad that Maemo backed up your database, and it wasn't lost during unexpected reboot. Merely misplaced.
Best wishes.
Hey, it did work ! I followed these instructions & reboot the phone..all the calendar items were back.

Is that it or something more needs to be done to ensure safety of the data?

Thanks a lot for the help !

The Following User Says Thank You to dipen_sanghavi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by dipen_sanghavi View Post
Hey, it did work ! I followed these instructions & reboot the phone..all the calendar items were back.

Is that it or something more needs to be done to ensure safety of the data?

Thanks a lot for the help !
In regards to Calendar data, that's it.
However, I would recommend finding out the reason for the sudden reboot which caused the problem in the first place. Especially, if such reboots repeat. Because this time auto-backup worked, but I am not sure it would work all the time in the future.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
calendar, nokia n900