Active Topics

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi,

I want to share some things with you guys regarding the meetup in Helsinki

First of all I really enjoyed it, the event exceeded my expectations. It was really good to get to meet the people behind the N900 in person. This is the first time I really felt what the community is really about. I haven't been involved for long, so this is a nice start for me . I must also say the food was very nice indeed.

I had a few questions that I asked and some questions that I heard someone else ask. I don't know whether some of these have been covered here before. Sorry if I repeat something old. Anyway, these are the most important ones for me (in no specific order):

Q: Does the alarm clock work if the device is turned off?
A: Yes.

Q: Is USB-OTG possible with the hardware of the N900?
A: I't is possible, but would be extremely difficult to implement. So practically almost impossible but can be done.

Q: Does the N900 support offline mode like symbian does?

Q: Do bluetooth headsets work?

Q: What technologies are used to develop desktop widgets?
A: C and Python at the moment. WRT support should be comming, but not very soon.

If you have more detailed information, feel free to make remarks.

Thanks for all the staff, catering service, and all the people who attended the event!

BR
Richard

Last edited by Richrd; 2009-10-21 at 22:04.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Richrd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
what did they serve? was the dress very casual?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
what did they serve? was the dress very casual?
I don't quite remember what the different foods were called, I just know it tasted very good . They had many different kinds of salads, and other things. I saw a few people take photos of the servings, maby someone could upload a picture?

Many peple wore casual and semi casual clothes. Also many people had suits. I think what ever you feel comfortable in is fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Richrd For This Useful Post:
I was there as well. I agree that seeing some of the Maemo folks in person was really nice.
Having seen them before in a quite few videos I got this "have I met his person before?" feeling. Sort of like seeing tv-celebrities somewhere

I listened mostly to Peter answering our questions and actually forgot to play with the N900 (tried it couple of weeks ago at the store though).

The presentations could have been bit more thorough but I guess couple of hours of standing might have been too much
Gaming looked nice, and the tv-out is great addition (compared to N800/810).

I also would have liked to seen some talk/demo of the app development environment - maybe there will be some other events later?

Unfortunately I didn't win the N900 and of course I forgot to pick-up the t-shirt as well.

Anyway, thanks for all the staff & Nokia!

Matti

The Following User Says Thank You to myrjola For This Useful Post:
did they speak on portrait mode at all?

Originally Posted by myrjola View Post
I was there as well. I agree that seeing some of the Maemo folks in person was really nice.
Having seen them before in a quite few videos I got this "have I met his person before?" feeling. Sort of like seeing tv-celebrities somewhere

I listened mostly to Peter answering our questions and actually forgot to play with the N900 (tried it couple of weeks ago at the store though).

The presentations could have been bit more thorough but I guess couple of hours of standing might have been too much
Gaming looked nice, and the tv-out is great addition (compared to N800/810).

I also would have liked to seen some talk/demo of the app development environment - maybe there will be some other events later?

Unfortunately I didn't win the N900 and of course I forgot to pick-up the t-shirt as well.

Anyway, thanks for all the staff & Nokia!

Matti
sounds like a great time had by all.

Tags
helsinki, meetup, n900, store