Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Thank you for the informative post. How do I type that in the command line to resize the screen?

open xterm, type in:

sdlquake -winsize 800 480

hit enter

if you're talking about the console in game, I'm not sure it works. As the same handle would be used to resize the game in options, and when I tried to adjust the screen size in options it had no effect.

2d

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2disbetter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by cure View Post
both quake and quake2 are available for the N900. all of this stuff can be manually installed, bit of a pain, but it all works. one only needs the binaries below and the demo or retail game data files.

anyone up for doing it?
actually, I agree...

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Venlo-Blerick, The Netherlands
using the console in quake for any input involving numbers etc is quite a pain, its best to set all variables by using the command line or editing config files.

One other downside to this method of getting quake 1 and 2, is that packages are not optified. Bit of a bummer. If someone could repackage Quake SDL, that would be sweet.

F2thaK, are you using a bluetooth zeemote in your youtube video of Quake on the N900?

2d

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
open xterm, type in:

sdlquake -winsize 800 480

hit enter

if you're talking about the console in game, I'm not sure it works. As the same handle would be used to resize the game in options, and when I tried to adjust the screen size in options it had no effect.

2d
WOW!!!!! That is exactly what I needed!!!!! Thank you!

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...quake.deb.html

This is an Optified Version of Quake 1 !!! A user on a german forum made it, so thanks goes to him
Screensize should be optified too

And here is a customized config. controls are optified for german layout, don't know how us layout fits to that...
Attached Files
File Type: zip config.zip (1.4 KB, 263 views)

Last edited by moerderameise; 2010-03-23 at 20:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to moerderameise For This Useful Post:
any chance of these turning up on extras?

my thanks to that industrious german.

I cannot install new quake from the German site. Even with the error it still doesnt install.

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
I cannot install new quake from the German site. Even with the error it still doesnt install.
App manager will say it did not install but when you go to your more menu you will see the icon there.

2d

Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
App manager will say it did not install but when you go to your more menu you will see the icon there.

2d
Turns out the reason I couldnt install it was because my deb file was corrupt. I downloaded it again and now everthing works. My only gripe now is that it seems to be the shareware version. I have Quake Trilogy so I was using my files for the other sdlquake MMC and it would load the full game from my quake folder. How can I get this version to load my pak files?

Thank you a million for all of your help and to anyone else that can help.

Tags
accelerometer, hardware, quake 1, quake 2, remastered