I have two months with my N9,
2 days ago upgrade to Pr. 1.3 (Nothing wow! : S )

So I put music in my device, and went to BESTBUY to buy some good Earphones. So I buy the BEATS dr.dre. in the parking lot, inside my car, i try ir.... nothing.... the sound only in the speaker not in the earphones...

I go back to the store. Customer... and the lady try it in her phone... WALA! they work!

So I return the earphones, and buy another ones...
Skullcandys 79 dlls.... (i want BASS!)

The same thing....

I return the skull one and buy the LOGITECH EARPHONES
Samething ! by this time all the guys from bestbuy look at me funny like thinking:

" well this guy never leave ! "
40 minutes already in the store....

I went back and buy the bosse, the same thing...

by this time I WASSS MADDD AS HELLL!

I get out of the store all mad, and drop the phone! BOOM!
Scrach all the corners, OMG! I wanna die in that moment....

So now I have the same CHEAP earphones that came with the phone with no BASS....

ANY IDEAS< OPINIONS, SOMETHING!!!! PLEASEEEEE!!!

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
I use Seinheisser II CX-100 and they are excellent for me.I cant even turn the volume to the max as I would blow my eardrums!
In fact the audio on the N9 is excellent. you can also try adjusting the settings in music to Dolby surround but i seem to get better sound with that disabled. I must admith though that the default NOKIA earphones are rubbish!!

I remember reading somewhere that not all headphones work due to the pin configuration.

The Following User Says Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
Headphones with standard 3 contact stereo jack should work fine. Headphones with mic, controls, ie 4 contact jack, if they are iphone compatible, do not work, in this case you need an adaptor that revesrse the two bottom contacts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ter_Cable.html

get this and youll be able to use the beats headphones.

The Following User Says Thank You to stratax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
It's not only with Nokia that the default earphones have mediocre quality at best. I used the Sennheiser PX-100 and PX-100 II. Both pretty good for its price.

After I had to have my N9s earphone jack repaired, I got myself a Sennheiser PX-210BT Bluetooth headphones. They're pretty good though not as great as a cable headphone. As I'm mostly listening to Podcasts, I'm okee with that.

Though, for music, I use Sigma Player and its great Equalizer function. Try it! Just one advice: The presets amplify the sound to make it louder and more often than not distort the sound. Just reduce all levels in the equalizer accordingly and you get really good sound out of the N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venty For This Useful Post:
i have sennheiser pxc 360 both connection works bluetooth and cable. Qnd the sound is pretty good

edit\\ but i recommend you to buy only PX360 because i used the noise guard only twice and i have them for year and half.

Last edited by P4d0uch; 2012-07-07 at 07:45.

Originally Posted by Donoban View Post
by this time I WASSS MADDD AS HELLL!

I get out of the store all mad, and drop the phone! BOOM!
Scrach all the corners, OMG! I wanna die in that moment....

ANY IDEAS< OPINIONS, SOMETHING!!!! PLEASEEEEE!!!
How about not acting like a hysterical old bat? Just saying.

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
I use the Bose IE2 and they work fine, also on N900. But only the one without controller works.

The Following User Says Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
I Find i needed to change the settings for different headphones otherwise sound comes out the phone rather than the headphones. One of my headphones needs the dolby option on the other needs it off to work correctly.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
I think the OP should buy a windows phone and report back