I'm a little disappointed from what we've heard from Nokians about the n900 so far. Stuff like "it's only step 4, it's good but yeah well if you like it - that's cool"

Here're some videos that give the n900 some credit. Best phone money can buy atm!

Finally someone from Nokia praising the n900! They should let Peter do all the marketing.

Sorry if someone had posted the videos somewhere, i couldn't find them here.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Damn, most russians speak english like in hollywood acton movies

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Nice videos

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
interesting videos indeed...the best part are the "ehhmmm" sounds lol

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Excellent videos

PS: Peter is a Mac user?

Well he's definitely a n900 user, showed a lot of tips and tricks there

Yes, I agree with all of the above. I understand this product much better now from watching these videos. Peter's message is clear: It's not a phone, it's a best-in-class pocket computer with many communication options and configurations. And hopefully the MMS stuff will get fixed.

The form factor might be wrong, but the n900 obviously has as much potential as a Blackberry killer as it does an iPhone killer. Peter put too much emphasis on the community filling in the gaps. Even though this is a "cool" device, my opinion is that Nokia should have a narrowly focused business application and marketing division that forces corporate IT departments to think twice about using RIM. Harmattan and it's devices could be the real game changers, and they'll have the n900 to thank for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
"For example this is with my wife. Oh no that was my wife I'm sorry."

Great videos btw!!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Blackberry territory is hard to penetrate.. I hope they make Blackberry Connect for Maemo. That way it'll act as a 'backup plan' to the end user, they can still make use of blackberry proprietary systems while preparing to move to an open infrastructure. Just like Bootcamp on every Mac that lets them dual boot to Windows.

Ok, call it a trojan horse.

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Even though this is a "cool" device, my opinion is that Nokia should have a narrowly focused business application and marketing division that forces corporate IT departments to think twice about using RIM. Harmattan and it's devices could be the real game changers, and they'll have the n900 to thank for that.
You and I both! I continue to be confounded and frustrated by Nokia's apparent resistance to business and industrial applications. 3 years ago I demonstrated how the products are ideal for mobile auditing situations with the N800-- the N900 is even more useful in that and related areas.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: