Notices

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Now usable!
Takes coordinate at launch and then always shows direction and distance to it, updating continuously.
EDIT: it doesn't start GPS chip by itself. If you have OSMapper, Modrana, Mappero running in the background - great, they have already turned GPS on. Otherwise, the coordinate will always remain the same.
I will need to find out how to request turning the GPS on in Qt, without low-level Hildon-specific tricks.
Added timer start/stop (timer eats up to 18% CPU; and closing/opening application would erase the coordinate from memory); allows to conserve the battery whilst preserving the goal coordinate.
Added option to set current coordinate as goal, so that you wouldn't need to restart application to do it.
EDIT: Clarification: the file isn't attached because it was built by auto-builder.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/qdialgps/
Though it takes some time to move it to extras-devel repository from builder queue.
The package isn't polished, the description is absent, but it should function.
EDIT: Package imported and working.
EDIT: The package 0.0.1 worked yesterday brilliantly. Today, after some apt-get update/remove/autoremove/clean, the same exact package DOESN'T work! What is going on?

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2010-11-19 at 05:50.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Added timer start/stop (timer eats up to 18% CPU; and closing/opening application would erase the coordinate from memory); allows to conserve the battery whilst preserving the goal coordinate.
Added option to set current coordinate as goal, so that you wouldn't need to restart application to do it.
EDIT: Clarification: the file isn't attached because it was built by auto-builder.
Though it takes some time to move it to extras-devel repository from builder queue.
The package isn't polished, the description is absent, but it should function.
EDIT: Package imported and working.
EDIT: The package 0.0.1 worked yesterday brilliantly. Today, after some apt-get update/remove/autoremove/clean, the same exact package DOESN'T work! What is going on?
I know that it's quite low-level, but I decided to depend on liblocation0. I'm not going to wait for Qt Mobility 1.1 to be introduced to Maemo to make use of their PositionSource element. So here, attached, is deb of version 0.0.2, which uses timer, which can be stopped/started, allows to re-goal (set current coordinate as goal), and shows latitude, longitude and altitude of goal. The needle is red (non-connected state) when there are other earlier-started GPS-using applications in background, but nevertheless it works and doesn't conflict with them.

The application continues to use GPS when you stop timer. Stopping timer just stops display updates, without losing GPS lock.

The application has segmentation fault on close (doesn't matter for end-user); I would appreciate help with the code, destructors and all.

EDIT: The update should appear soon at:
Attached Files
File Type: deb qdialgps_0.0.2_armel.deb (12.6 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2010-11-20 at 06:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Hi WW,
It segfaults on startup for me:
Code:
constructor started
constructor ended
connected?
Segmentation fault
tx

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Hi WW,
It segfaults on startup for me:
Code:
constructor started
constructor ended
connected?
Segmentation fault
tx
Yes, I just did apt-get update/upgrade through USB, and qdialgps from repository does the same to me. However, when I reinstalled it from deb, it gives no segmentation fault at start. So try from deb.

The problem may come from the fact that headers of Qt, glib, etc don't know where to look for each other, so I have to either create symlinks (as I do in my MADDE) or include /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include /usr/include/glib-.0 /usr/include/QtCore and what-not (as I tried to, too).

It seems that the difference between MADDE and builder's scratchbox was such that builder didn't give an error, but the binary gives segmentation fault.

EDIT: Attaching the same file as in previous post.

Thanks for encouragement.
Attached Files
File Type: deb qdialgps_0.0.2_armel.deb (12.6 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2010-11-20 at 11:53.

Yes, I just did apt-get update/upgrade through USB, and qdialgps from repository does the same to me. However, when I reinstalled it from deb, it gives no segmentation fault at start. So try from deb.

The problem may come from the fact that headers of Qt, glib, etc don't know where to look for each other, so I have to either create symlinks (as I do in my MADDE) or include /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include /usr/include/glib-.0 /usr/include/QtCore and what-not (as I tried to, too).

It seems that the difference between MADDE and builder's scratchbox was such that builder didn't give an error, but the binary gives segmentation fault.

EDIT: Attaching the same file as in previous post.

Thanks for encouragement.
Here is a new version.
No timer.
GPS turns on when you open application and off when you close application.
Goal altitude, latitude and longitude are displayed.
Distance and relative altitude (goal altitude minus current altitude) are displayed nearby the dial.
Still segmentation fault at close... Where does it come from?
Attached Files
File Type: deb qdialgps_0.0.2-2-11_armel.deb (13.2 KB, 144 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I don't get the lat long display in the top goal area.

BTW, this works rather nicely as a way of monitoring how the position fix "wanders" due to sat obstruction, atmospheric effects and multi-path. Just sit still and watch the read outs...

Thanks,

HA

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Hi,

I don't get the lat long display in the top goal area.

BTW, this works rather nicely as a way of monitoring how the position fix "wanders" due to sat obstruction, atmospheric effects and multi-path. Just sit still and watch the read outs...

Thanks,

HA
Click/tap the top goal area: it should toggle between "Goal" and coordinates.
If not, see whether there are any errors in X Terminal.
/opt/usr/bin/qdialgps

Quick reply...

New version.
Basic POI interface: add with the button to the list, select from the list with click/tap, delete ('D'), set as goal ('S').
Unfortunately, the POI cannot be saved. Closing the application erases them. I don't know how to get inner contents of the list element (similar to innerHTML in HTML). I can and do create new elements with given parent; the elements have their own personal destructors built-in for deleting from the list; but I don't know how to save contents of the list.
Still Segmentation fault at close.
Don't be surprised if it is a power hog.
Attached Files
File Type: deb qdialgps_0.0.2-2-16_armel.deb (16.0 KB, 137 views)

ok will try new version. Here is error of old:
"file:///opt/usr/bin/qtdialgps/ui.qml:28: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString cz
file:///opt/usr/bin/qtdialgps/ui.qml:27: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString cy
file:///opt/usr/bin/qtdialgps/ui.qml:26: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString cx"

A small problem with screen organisation - font sizes etc, resulting in overlaps. Remarkably effective though. And as I mentioned before, a great visual tool with which to teach practical GPS....

tnx,

Tags
help wanted, location