hi i'm fabio.
at first i would say sorry for my english if i wrong(i'm italian)

i have a little(little for jocking...) problem with my nokia n900.
i don't have succes to update my little monster

i turn on my phone and link the usb cable in order to have my n900 connected with pc-suite mode.

i open the nokia software updater(NSU for shorten) and start the procedure for updating.

you know that at certain point the NSU disconnect the phone and riconnect it(in this time the phone screen become white with nokia written and the usb connect symbol).

well,when this happens my computer don't recognise the phone emitting the classic sound of a periferic not recognised...and the updating stop to work and NSU give me a window with written on that the updating is failed because the connection were lost.

somebody can help me?
whai i have to do?

is this possible because i haven't the original nokia kernel?because when i put out the battery and re-put it and turn on the phone it giv me a write that says that my original kernel were NOT load...

another things...i have the rootfs full...i try to do apt-get autoclean but the fone "says" to me that i have to do it manually with DPKG...now i'm not capable to use DPKG...there's some good souls that can give me a little list of commando to do with DPKG to make free my rootfs?

please help me..i'm really sad..

i want my n900 working...

thanks to all,
Fabio

Hi,

What OS are you using on your computer? I ask, beacuse i had similar USB connection problems with another nokia devices (5800). IMHO that might be problem with NSU drivers.

Here is solution for death n900: http://danlynch.org/blog/2010/01/flashing-n900/

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
You already said everything, rootfs full.
if you can't boot your device, I thumbs up also for a flash.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

regards

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

regards
No offence, but he has been pointed to that link yesterday twice. I even linked him to the italian custom kernel thread, so that someone can explain to him on his native language. Amugy szia :P

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
didn't know that...

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Tags
flash n900, help wanted