Active Topics

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hey all,

I am constantly experiencing the problem with the SMS pending / not saving.. The solution that's found here does work but temporarily.

And I'm not a developer, but I am here to ask for help to create a script that will do the same thing that post says automatically instead of typing all that over and over again.. :S

Jw will this work?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger
echo .dump | sqlite3 el-v1.db | sqlite3 el-v1-new.db
mv el-v1.db el-v1-old.db
mv el-v1-new.db el-v1.db
chown user el-v1.db
chgrp users el-v1.db
init 6

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Lol I don't think that worked.. I created a smsfix.sh file with that code in there, but it didn't work.

Maybe I should add "sudo gainroot" in there first? I am typing sudo gainroot before I type sh smsfix.sh though.. hmm

Last edited by bandora; 2011-04-06 at 02:45.

what's the error string?
have you tried running it manually on the terminal, one line at a time, and see if it works?

no i don't think sudo gainroot is necessary

Originally Posted by figaro View Post
what's the error string?
have you tried running it manually on the terminal, one line at a time, and see if it works?

no i don't think sudo gainroot is necessary
Yes, line by line works.. But when I put all that in and run it as a ascript it says file or directory not found.. I am now going to sleep, but tomorrow I will tell you exactly what it says..

Tags
script, sms problem