Closed Thread
When not mounted (and not losetup'd, probably):

resize2fs img.ext3 2g

(replace 2g with the size you want).

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
New version released: 0.9.10

Changes:
  • Fixed mysterious non-downloading installer script (again! sorry! )
  • Will NOT trash / overwrite your lovingly tweaked configuration files
  • Matan's new matchbox window manager: movable windows, still positioned correctly
  • Annoying LXDE "Not Responding" dialog fixed (Bundyo's new hostwin app)

Notes:

Even though Matan's version of the window manager seems to work fine, I don't enable movable windows by default. You want them? You need to switch to the new window manager with the menu icon. It is a painless switch; everything shifts around the screen for a second, then returns to normal. Except now you can move your dialogs around! Unlike the CPU settings, this will stick through reboots, until you toggle it again. If you have the old movable windows hack enabled now, you will have to toggle twice to get to the new mode.

If you are upgrading from a recent version (0.9 series), you will not be asked where to put the icons, and your chroot will not be "synched" with your Maemo system. This should further decrease your annoyance when upgrading.

Confession:

There were a couple of screw-up versions between 0.9.6 and 0.9.10 uploaded, hopefully nobody got caught in the several-hour window that they were the "latest version" (It's possible, this would have been Saturday morning in Germany, perhaps someone decided to update over their morning coffee).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
thanks. I'm having a problem with the image once it's downloaded. It claims there was an error:

(Perhaps not enough memory)

Tried it with my cloned OS on a 4GB card as well as the internal OS. Same deal.

Should I try that download again or is this some known issue.
BTW I just installed KDE on another SD card no problem so I don't think it's me being a novice.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sondjata, are you using 0.9.10? Version 0.9.9 fixed your first problem, but introduced a second problem trying to expand the file (I tried to use a fancy technique that didn't require gnutar, and I failed miserably). 0.9.10 fixes that problem by going back to using gnutar again.

Sorry you're the guinea pig in this. Just think of all the childrens' lives you're saving with your selfless testing.

If, with 0.9.10, you're still having the problem, you might need to do this manually and report what's going on to me.

Go to the mmc card where you downloaded the file, and then untar it. Say you downloaded to mmc1:
Code:
cd /media/mmc1
tar -xjvf debian-chroot-img-final.tar.bz2
Copy and paste any errors here, please!

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
After update to 0.9.10 LXDE no longer loads. All I get is the blank window with "LXDE" at the top.

This occurs even after a reboot.

UPDATE: Nevermind (I guess). While the shortcut to LXDE that I put in personal menu no longer successfully launches LXDE, the menu item in Utilities works.

Last edited by lm2; 2008-10-18 at 22:23.

No problem. I kinda set the weekend aside for messing with alternate OS's on the tablet anyway. :-)

I don't see 9.10 listed on your website only 9.9-1

Sondjata: please use Application Manager to install new versions of Easy Debian; go to "Check for Updates", and if easy-deb-chroot doesn't show up, press the refresh button on the lower right corner. The versions on my website are now for testing purposes only.

lm2:
LXDE starts with Bundyo's new launcher, and it takes different parameters. So yes, you will have to replace your Personal Menu item with the new menu item.

[QUOTE=qole;233515]Easy Debian Without The Apps:

or you can grab the empty image file, extract it to your SD card (eg, /media/mmc1)
hey i'm having trouble extracting the image file using xarchiver. can someone extract it and repost the empty image file.

scarflash: the extracted image file is huge, it is ONE GIGABYTE. But because it is empty, the compressed file is tiny. So you have to extract it yourself.

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, firefox, gimp, java, openoffice