Indeed, those are great news. OOC, where are you buying them? Aliexpress, or some other source? dx.com as per OP seems to only have 1250 mAh (advertised) variant.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-12-30 at 18:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Ebay, pisenexport and pisenelectronic are factory sellers.

Also as an aside batteries from both sellers are indeed 1400mAh (the ones I received were anyway). They advertise selling lesser milli-amphour cells so that's a bonus. Also, items arrived very quickly and with excellent communication.

Last edited by independent; 2014-01-08 at 22:40. Reason: info added

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to independent For This Useful Post:
I bought 3 of these before actually reading any reviews. etc. Any positive experience with them? After reading all the crap people write about noname chinese batteries, I'm unsure should I use them or not. I don't care much if it is advertised capacity or not due to the price I paid, the only thing that bothers me is it safe to use them or not.

Last edited by FlashInTheNight86; 2014-02-19 at 15:04.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
if you are lucky they are 1300mAh, but they can be much less

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Well, I put it in the device and it performs just the same as stock battery - which I am not sure is genuine, though, - 5 hrs of video playback (not non-stop, spent some time switching between series and checking battery-eye) on minimal brightness.

Also - got a very nice offer on used Asha 200 in my town, is it a good idea to use it as a charger for bl-5js? It will cost me ~10$.

Last edited by FlashInTheNight86; 2014-02-20 at 03:53.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
I would like to know if it already exists (or maybe can be designed) a kind of protection against overcharge, overheating or burning because of such a (unknown quality) "replacement battery" ?

If I put such a battery (which may get on fire) in my phone, it may be interesting to have software check for internal phone heat, so that charging is turned off and maybe the complete device abruptly powered off.

Is it a stupid/naive idea ?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by ymartin59 View Post
... a kind of protection against overcharge, overheating or burning because of such a (unknown quality) "replacement battery" ?

... it may be interesting to have software check for internal phone heat, so that charging is turned off ...
Don't know what bme (battery management entity)and watchdog triggers do in this regard, but there is a battery temp sensor so one could script something.

Originally Posted by ymartin59 View Post
I would like to know if it already exists (or maybe can be designed) a kind of protection against overcharge, overheating or burning because of such a (unknown quality) "replacement battery" ?
I googled a lot and found no reports of those particular gold batteries blowing or causing fire (at least in english), moreover that, some sellers state that they have overheat protection, etc, but this may be the same bs as their capacity.

Last edited by FlashInTheNight86; 2014-02-20 at 20:22.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by ymartin59
... a kind of protection against overcharge, overheating or burning because of such a (unknown quality) "replacement battery" ?

... it may be interesting to have software check for internal phone heat, so that charging is turned off .

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Don't know what bme (battery management entity)and watchdog triggers do in this regard, but there is a battery temp sensor so one could script something.
Has already been done. Look at package 'savecpu'. Could be easily adapted/extended...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
AFAIK charging chip doest that at hardware level, already. Of course, one could rig something around battery temp sensor (savecpu way), but I'm afraid, that if it would be allowed to go wrong to such late stage, then you're doomed anyway.

Fun fact - one of kernel-power updates that fixed inconsistency in reporting temperature, resulted in bootloop for replacement BME users (you may have missed it, as Pali fixed it without version increase, just after my report) - because hardware thought that temperature of battery is 215 C, instead of 21,5C Early on boot, something like "battery overheat, shutting down" was presented in framebuffer screen.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc