Notices

Originally Posted by thp View Post
There is no version 2-1, you probably mean 2.1-1. You can use the Application Manager to find out which version you ahve installed.

The forums are a bad place for reporting bugs. A better place is the bug tracker. Please file a new bug report at https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gPodder and mention that you are using the Maemo 4 (N800/N810) version of gPodder. Thank you
For the record, help - about says 2-1, appman says 2-1-2.

I can't get it to add any podcasts when I hit subscribe it always fails to do it.

scratch that my router is being dodgey switched to 3G and its fine.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Yes, you can even promote it by adding it to http://bugs.gpodder.org (please note that bugs related to the web service "my.gpodder.org" have to be filed at gpodder.org, not at maemo.org). Thanks
Actually, after playing around with my.gpodder.org a bit more, I see that a can delete one of my podcast subscriptions by clicking on it and then clicking on the minus sign button. Additionally, I can add podcasts that are already in the my.gpodder.org system (presumably b/c other my.gpodder.org users have subscribed to them). I just click on the podcast and click the "Subscribe to ..." link. So, the feature I really appear to be missing is the ability to add subscriptions not already in the site. The use case is to be able to discover a podcast while surfing on my desktop, add it to my.gpodder.org, and pull it down into my N810.

Written up here.

Last edited by buurmas; 2010-01-29 at 19:43. Reason: Added bug URL

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Thomas, I wanted to mention this earlier but never really got around to it--I'm no longer using my N800 on a regular basis to listen to my podcasts anymore since picking up a Droid (I don't like the N900 and will be waiting for a non-cellular tablet to pique my interest). I don't think gPodder will show up on Android soon (unless the Python porting is easy, now that it exists on Android).

My mom still uses gPodder, in our household, on her laptop to load up shows on her iPod. So, you MIGHT still hear from me when I hear from her.

The point I want to make it that although I'm no longer using your software, it's been a great project to work with because you personally interact with the people that use it. I really want to thank you for all the times you engaged myself and others directly and I urge others to feel free to donate to promote the work you're doing.

(Not a goodbye--I'm still around, just a big thanks!)
THANKS!

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Since the last few days gPodder finds only the first podcast of a feed. I have tried it with several feeds and even feeds which were shown completely before show now only one podcast. It can still find new episodes but only one and it displays only the most current one. How can I solve that behaviour? All those feeds look fine with other tools.
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Forum admins: Please rename this thread to "gPodder for Maemo 4 (N800, N810)" so people don't confuse this thread with the gPodder Maemo 5 thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Syncing with my.gpodder.org now works (version 2.2-1)! Yay! This is getting to the point of being an iTunes killer, at least for podcast functionality.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
2010-02-05: gPodder 2.2 "LA X" released
You're making your favorite show MUCH TOO OBVIOUS!
By the by, do you still listen to our Black Rock Lost Podcast? (http://blackrockpodcast.blogspot.com/)

I hope you don't name the next release 'WHAT KATE DID'. hehe

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Just installed the latest version of GPodder (OS2008). I was a few releases behind I think and I got to say it looks very, very polished now.
Great job.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:

Tags
media, podcasts