p.s. mcetool gui is crap

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
p.s. mcetool gui is crap
Yes, I ended up not installing it

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
It does work, but may show dialog that application is not responding, when info for multiple packages is updated before displaying. It is safe to try 'wait' couple of times, and then close and restart warehouse. Requested operation should be completed as expected.

I'm working on the fix for that issue.
Any update on fixing the 'Warehouse is not responding' issue (on stock Sailfish, possibly)?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Any update on fixing the 'Warehouse is not responding' issue (on stock Sailfish, possibly)?
Under development

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Warehouse for SailfishOS v0.3-30 released. It should fix this that annoying ui freeze bug.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I got the Warehouse client 0.3-30. It still gives me the "Warehouse is not responding" pop-ups (tested by updating Meecast daemon and Vim, both give the pop-ups). There is no change in the frequency of those pop-ups.

Another thing: at the end of updating Warehouse, I got a pop-up saying "Warehouse is restarting in 5-4-3-2-1", at the end of which it closed but not restarted. I had to start it manually. Not that I mind but you might consider changing the text in that pop-up.

Lastly, I have a feature request. Please make it easy to:
  1. Get directly to the Updates page. I have not found any other way than go to a arndom installed app's page, tap "Check for updates" and tap the top bar during the "Updates available in 5-4-3-2-1, tap here to proceed" countdown. If there is a simpler and more direct way, I have not found it.
    There is "Check for updates" in the main menu but that gives no feedback, just a flashing line at the top. Not extremely useful.
  2. Apply all pending updates in one go. Currently I have to do one at a time. That on its own would not be that bad but after each update, I have to go through the whole process of checking for updates again, even though it already found a list of 5 on the first run.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Get directly to the Updates page.
Pull menu -> My profile -> Show updates.
or
Pull menu -> Check updates -> Tap on 'Updates available' (if any)

Apply all pending updates in one go.
It is planned.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Lastly, I have a feature request. Please make it easy to:
  1. Get directly to the Updates page. I have not found any other way than go to a arndom installed app's page, tap "Check for updates" and tap the top bar during the "Updates available in 5-4-3-2-1, tap here to proceed" countdown. If there is a simpler and more direct way, I have not found it.
    There is "Check for updates" in the main menu but that gives no feedback, just a flashing line at the top. Not extremely useful.
  2. Apply all pending updates in one go. Currently I have to do one at a time. That on its own would not be that bad but after each update, I have to go through the whole process of checking for updates again, even though it already found a list of 5 on the first run.
And I'l add 2.1 or maybe 3.:

Multi selection - select what updates you want to apply and then apply all of the selected updates.

Use case for this is using a few packages from Nieldk's repository while not wanting it to update half of the system - which it would with update-all. Thanks in advance!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Multi selection - select what updates you want to apply and then apply all of the selected updates.
This is not related to updates itself, but to all-in-one publisher repository. This will be fixed (avoided) when per-application repositories will be up, and warehouse will be switched to use those.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
And to add to te feature list: rate apps! Commenting would be nice as well but at least rating should be implemented in the next version And in a later version it would be nice to have bigger screenshots by clicking on a screenshot as well (like in the Jolla Store).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:

Tags
app store, application, awesomeness, client, harmattan, immortalmeego, repository, sailfish os