I had this same error after switching to extras-testing and it was a result of the load-applet that was upgraded upon that switch. I removed that app and all is now fine. Found this bug report, that is still open:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6227

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Los Angeles
I get the message when I am moving bookmarks in the "Web" app.
I am trying to organize my imported bookmarks and I can only move a few at a time before I start getting the "low memory" message.
(I do need to clean out my bookmarks -- it is basically the same set that I have moved from the 770 > n800 > n810 and now to the n900).

I haven't taken the time yet to actually try to figure out what is happening i.e using "top", etc.

I have an big problem in my N900
When i go in settings and open memory i see 60 MB of free space WTF
i cant open camera and other application including internet ... itc..
it say : Operation temporarily disabled due to low memory
i try rebout ,I used flasher 3.5 to install other versions and problem is still here
Is it same bug or virus???? PLEASEEEEE HELP !!!!!

i have installed several extras level apps onto the device, now after 4 months i am having the same error message come up, browser not working and phone slow to function on incoming call
what is the best way to find out which app/s is/are causing the problem? i opened the StorageUsage to see whichs apps/files are taking up space but not quite sure how to find them. any pointers on best strategy to approach this problem?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
Was there any resolve to this? I am having the same problem on my end as well.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
I have an big problem in my N900
When i go in settings and open memory i see 60 MB of free space WTF
i cant open camera and other application including internet ... itc..
it say : Operation temporarily disabled due to low memory
i try rebout ,I used flasher 3.5 to install other versions and problem is still here
Is it same bug or virus???? PLEASEEEEE HELP !!!!!

id flash the whole deal! the fiasco image and the emmc. it does wonders. just do a back up.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Installing apps from anywhere except the default reps will always be some level of risk. Of course catch is- then you are stuck with a very small amount of app options. In fact, apps are so few in the safe reps that most people are driven to the risky reps.

I do like my N900 for media and MAME, but glad I only use it for that. A consumer that buys this device and expects a lot of apps and features they may be used to on a more "phone-centric" device will be very let down. Then again ,that may be why the N900 did not sell as many as people thought it did.

N900 + Techies = Bliss N900 + nonTechies = Miss

That all said, even if the N900 was phone centric, I would not be using it as a phone now, due to the weak 2G radio. No harm no foul in that regard. I would still love to know how I tested three N900's and all had the same weak-a55 2G signal, but others here state it has the greatest radio ever.

Sorry for the multiple tangents..... More sorry for Nokia's pi55 poor total effort with the N900 though.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-07-06 at 13:16.

Just got the same error for the first time today and had to reboot (killall hildon-home didn't help). The phone was at 5 days uptime but I've made it to 10 before with no problems.

I'm running dual swap files so swap space couldn't be an issue. I had about 90MB free RAM at the time and 73MB free rootfs. Tons of free space on the eMMC and MicroSD. I have a few apps from -devel and -testing. For widgets I'm running Personal IP address, DCEW, OMWeather, Media, Calendar and RSS.

Too bad the error message is so vague.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Netherlands
I have exactly the same problem when trying to add a bookmark in MicroB, the notification is a lie, because there is PLENTY of memory, and I am unable to solve the problem. Note: I even manually made an entry in Mybookmarks.xml, and it does NOT show up in MicroB, of which, by the way, I setted the memory-management to automatic. And in the Operabrowser there is NO problem at all with making bookmarks ... So, WTF is this lunatic again MicroB-problem then? Anybody understands this?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Armando View Post
the notification is a lie, because there is PLENTY of memory
Depends on which types of memory you checked...

Tags
lack of quality control