Active Topics

Hi all,
I've tried searching (for almost 3 hrs now), so you gotta give me a break there My N9 pairs and connects with my Subaru just fine, problems starts when I turn off my car and start it back on, it does NOT connect automatically( yes, CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY is checked)... Car's BT is the only paired device on my N9 and vice versa, but even when I turn BT on my N9 it does not connect. I have to do it manually, which is REALLY annoying. My N900 had no issues like that ever. This one cuts off from time to time, which I found is one of bugs, but with not being able to connect it automaticlly drives me nuts. Also sometime it fails to connect and after toggeling BT in my phone to connect with my car, it does after like 5 or 6 times... ANy idea? My car is newer (2011), so I dont think there is an issue... Would really appreciate your help!!!! Thanx in advance

Last edited by vittoriob4; 2012-04-16 at 01:20.

Just tried to do the same thing with my PC and my N900.. paired with both devices with no problems CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY checked(obviously had only one device on at time) ... BT on ...then off.. then on again... Does not connect automatically. HAd to do it manually and few clicks and sreens later connected... annoying...

Last edited by vittoriob4; 2012-04-16 at 01:26.

anybody else had this problem?

I also have problems connecting to my car's Parrot 3200LS, I have to disable phonebook syncronization, otherwise the HF keeps trying to sync and mutes the audio every 10 seconds or so. Sometimes the HF tries to connect automatically and the BT icon on my N9 keeps flashing blue, only disconnecting and reconnecting from the HF helps. My gf's N8 works perfectly, I can even browse the phonebook. I think it has something to do with the N9-s implementation of BT HF profile.. my other thought was that maybe the HF cant sync the contacts because they are synced with my company's Exchange server. anyway it's quite annoying.

The Following User Says Thank You to s6m For This Useful Post:
Totally agree!!! I may as well start using my N900 again... I had no issues whatsoever while playing internet radio in my car... Now with N9 its just not there yet. I know there were some issues with BT since PR1.1(I'm running PR1.2), but BT is not just something new. I understand there might be interference between BT and 3G, but its not constant. ITs great for some time and all of sudden keeps skipping while interent connection is at full range with no other app's running in background. With N900 I could run like 5 app's in background BT on and Interent Radion playing through my car's receiver...seriously this is little out of hand

Originally Posted by s6m View Post
I also have problems connecting to my car's Parrot 3200LS, I have to disable phonebook syncronization, otherwise the HF keeps trying to sync and mutes the audio every 10 seconds or so. Sometimes the HF tries to connect automatically and the BT icon on my N9 keeps flashing blue, only disconnecting and reconnecting from the HF helps. My gf's N8 works perfectly, I can even browse the phonebook. I think it has something to do with the N9-s implementation of BT HF profile.. my other thought was that maybe the HF cant sync the contacts because they are synced with my company's Exchange server. anyway it's quite annoying.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Hi.
I use N9 with Parrot MKi9000 2.02 (in a Subaru too , but older one, 2004, without inboard BT): no trouble at all...
May be trying to change phone BT status to "visible", and pair it again with the car, and try again if it doesn't work.
Do you have access to settings for the BT in the car?
I had this issue with my wife phone, Samsung Galaxy mini () and a Parrot Minikit+, wich loosed pairing after each new use.
It suddenly run correctly after multiple tries...

Last edited by cevenn; 2012-04-16 at 22:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to cevenn For This Useful Post:
REALLY appreciate your feedback and yes, VISIBLE as it can be Tried to pair it few times. No problems there. Yes, my car's BT is accessible to the point where I can clear memory and start everything from scratch. Connects, but then sometimes fails to do so or while playing cuts off few times in row and goes on again...weird

Originally Posted by cevenn View Post
Hi.
I use N9 with Parrot MKi9000 2.02 (in a Subaru too , but older one, 2004, without inboard BT): no trouble at all...
May be trying to change phone BT status to "visible", and pair it again with the car, and try again if it doesn't work.
Do you have access to settings for the BT in the car?
I had this issue with my wife phone, Samsung Galaxy mini () and a Parrot Minikit+, wich loosed pairing after each new use.
It suddenly run correctly after multiple tries...

The Following User Says Thank You to vittoriob4 For This Useful Post:
My N9 connects flawlessly with my Pioneer radio in my car. I can browse the phonebook, make calls, etc. It works great and connects automatically. I have the radio set to visible and my N9 set to invisible (don't know if that makes a difference for your use case).

The Following User Says Thank You to Demati For This Useful Post:
Same here, it connects fine with my Pioneer head unit. I have settings on the stereo to connect automatically and my phone even has visibility turned off. I only have the random cutting in and out with audio (bug 125) but other than that no issues. Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Thanx fellows!!! Sooo, its got to be software related (obviously), but I thought bug# 125 was worked on since 1.1 and should be fixed with 1.2. Unless, I'm mistaken BT and WiFi using the same band, but I'm on 3G, so that would be out of question...Why oh why... Newer hardware more headache. Gosh looks like I need my N900 back