Active Topics

Hey, not to hijack this thread or anything. I had an iphone 3g- which died due to water damage (it was in my rucksack and it was raining). Luckily insurance paid out, but my contract runs out in March. If I get it on contract from vodafone, would I be able to port my number in March, and would it be unlocked so I could use my o2 sim (which has data) till then?

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Note to all people that are planning to port their numbers over to new N900 contract but within the same network (ie. I have T-Mobile number and got another new T-Mobile contract with N900 and I'd like to port my number onto that contract).

Turns out that because of the way how PAC codes work, after porting number to 'gap' network, it will need to remain there for another 30 days, until new PAC code could be issued, and that unfortunately applies to all networks in the UK. :(

I just ported my T-M number out to Vodafone pay-as-you-go service and then lady explained that 30-day PAC code rule. I then called T-Mobile again and they actually confirmed the same. Having said that, unfortunately I'm now stuck with pay-as-you-go service for another month. A bummer!

I'm thinking of getting this phone on contract, when do they start shipping them out?

Also what do you think the best network is? I see its only on vodaphone and I have never used them before, are they good? Whats there internet like?

thanks

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
ok i got reply from o2 you need to manually edit settings to these if your a pay&go customer with a n900
as the n900 is not on there portfolio of devices they cant send them over sms

APN address: payandgo.o2.co.uk
Gateway (IP) address : 193.113.200.195
Username : payandgo
Password: password
Session type: Continuous or permanent
Authentication: Normal
Security: Off
Port number: 9201

you can set ip address to auto and leave port number blank, only settings i edited was APN, username and password and all works now on n900
I am on a contract with unlimited internet.Do you have the settings?
Thanks

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
try these ones let me know if they work

APN address: mobile.o2.co.uk
Username: mobileweb
Password: password
Session type: Continuous / permanent
Authentication: Normal
Security: Off
HTTP Proxy: 193.113.200.195
Port number: 8080

Here's what i did:

Settings--> o2 post and pay GPRS --> delete (grayed out) ???
Settings --> o2 post and pay GPRS --> edit
entered mobileweb.o2.co.uk and username: Mobileweb
password: password
none of the other settings except the proxy sever settings and port no are there
or can be entered/edited.
sorry for being a pain

Last edited by anti-dualism; 2010-03-02 at 11:44.

the are editable for me
change the setting on connection set up: packet data tab they are most important other can be set to auto e.g in advanced under proxies and ip address tabs

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-03-02 at 11:48.

what firmware version are you using?
I am using 2.2009.51-1.203.2

Packet data tab is uneditable in mine.

Originally Posted by anti-dualism View Post
what firmware version are you using?
I am using 2.2009.51-1.203.2

Packet data tab is uneditable in mine.
try using this app it allows you to set up more than one GPRS access point there for allowing to edit
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/fapn/

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Does anybody have any pointers toward the best deals for the N900 at the moment?

Quidco currently have 10% cashback at the Nokia store, and a couple of smaller online stores have it for slightly less than £450. But if I add on a SIM-only deal for 12-18 months, my costs are pretty similar to a subsidised handset bought via, say, nokiaretail (mobile phones direct).

I'm having trouble getting the price below this line. Annoyingly, it's only now that I spotted quidco's 20% cashback + 10% voucher deal they were running in January! How often does Nokia issue new discount vouchers, and is it worthwhile waiting?

Tags
£306!!