Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Well we got a new goto battery, extensive testing on the Polarcell showed 1520mAh

So no need to go searching forever for the scud's, also if you live inside EU then no customs and such to worry about +pretty fast shipping

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Have You compared cells (physically) to old ones? What caused increase in capacity? Are they more thick now, or they have changed chemistry a bit?

I'm just wondering, as we have already assumed, that it's quite impossible to make battery of such capacity, without going to "thicker" form, as it was in scud.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Haven't measured but they look bigger, can't compare because the old polarcell went with a N900 i sold some time ago to a maemo user.

Doing testing i did one of the REALLY deep cycles and got a reading of 1550mAh and this is on par with the scud's, so the search is over for a source of "super" battery, this test was outside the normal parameters that ALL battery's has been tested, but when tested normally it got just over 1520mAh

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
I'm glad to hear that, but I'm little worried if it's not just this particular serie/unit being so OK. It would be great, if other users, buying from other sources, could confirm it.

BTW, where You have bought those tested ones? From link in 1st post?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Im not following what you are trying to say estel?

The battery i bought is from the link in post #1, and no need to search for places to buy polarcell since it is their own "shop" on ebay

-

In other news i just received a SCUD from enjoygadets and i ordered the 1450mAh but got the 1350mAh, so im not going to test it and im not going to recommend the shop or anything.

All i can say now it get the polarcell and take your chances if you get a SCUD, since Lucia Lui stopped selling we have not been able to get a STABLE source anyway, they either have sold out or like this you get the "wrong" battery.....

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by independent View Post
I would let you have mine but I'm using it currently. It's got a number of cycles on it as well.
Scrap that. If you are still wanting this cell please let me know where to send it. It's got a number of cycles on it, usually not deep discharges. 60? Any use?

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Im not following what you are trying to say estel?
I'm just worrying, if Polarcell will keep producing/ordering batteries with such capacity, or, instantly, after few weeks, we will get report of decreased capacity of newly acquired ones, like we had with Scud.

I'm just wondering, because we have no idea, where Polarcell cells originate. Do they produce them? If yes, it would be great, but I suspect, that they're just buying cells and rebranding them. This mean, that they will have only, what is manufactured on some (probably chinese) factory, and capacity may change dramatically from one month to another.
---

Of course, it's possible, that there is no such danger, and everything will be ok As said, i'm just wondering.
---

anyway, isn't it good idea to change thread title (as Scud isn't back, apparently), and declare new winner in 1st page?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I'm just worrying, if Polarcell will keep producing/ordering batteries with such capacity, or, instantly, after few weeks, we will get report of decreased capacity of newly acquired ones, like we had with Scud.

I'm just wondering, because we have no idea, where Polarcell cells originate. Do they produce them? If yes, it would be great, but I suspect, that they're just buying cells and rebranding them. This mean, that they will have only, what is manufactured on some (probably chinese) factory, and capacity may change dramatically from one month to another.
---

Of course, it's possible, that there is no such danger, and everything will be ok As said, i'm just wondering.
---

anyway, isn't it good idea to change thread title (as Scud isn't back, apparently), and declare new winner in 1st page?
Well that makes it more clear

Polarcell produces they own battery's so in case of high demand they can make more
So no re-branding or anything.

And i can't change the title?, i have tried several times and have contacted "staff", anybody know how i need to contact to change this....

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
And i can't change the title?, i have tried several times and have contacted "staff", anybody know how i need to contact to change this....
PM Reggie he's about. Just commented on the football spam issue a few moments ago...

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I'll have my freshly ordered Polarcell on Monday, I hope. I understand I can measure it on-device with some scripts. I will report my findings.

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc