Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Dear Maemo Community,

I noticed in the last days that I get some connection issues with my N900, one of the connections (Mostly GPRS / UMTS) is bugged. I can use the connection but I can't open any Website, IRC or any other online service. I checked the connection twice with another phone (N95) and its working fine. When I switch back to WLAN everything is working as it should. In rare cases it helps to set it into offline mode and back, but last time that didn't helped too.

Sometimes its completely bugged and the whole GSM part of the phone is disabled, I can't even make a call then. I made a screenshot how that looks like:

(No connection icon at all anymore)

With best regards,
Crogge

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Sometimes its completely bugged and the whole GSM part of the phone is disabled, I can't even make a call then.
There are at least two possibilities here:

1: You have turned off the modem with the "Cellular Modem Control Buttons" applet, and forgotten about it.

2: PR1.1 introduced a new (separate) firmware for the GSM modem. The modem will no longer work with firmware before PR1.1.

If neither of these applies to you, get back to me, because we might have to resort to the dreaded flasher.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Thanks for the reply.

1. Well I dont use this widget at all.

2. It works fine but mostly when I change the connection often or connect the phone with the PC it bugs sometimes.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Egh. Sorry for the late reply. The notification got lost in the flood of e-mails I got this month.

You haven't installed any -testing or -devel applications that could have compromised the GSM Modem?

(This is more of a bump than anything else, I'm out of ideas at the moment.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

i have the same problem, i sent my phone back to nokia and they still didnt fix it -_-