Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Not to be sceptic or complain, but ... are You for real will mantain this thread about hardware (...) problems, with that achievement on Your account:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...10&postcount=4

?

In first post You add info about factory faulty devices with revision 2101, where I'm currently running on N900 rev. 2101 (charged once a day, connected to PC at least 5 times a week) and not even sign of any mUSB problems (---). See this post for example:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=10

You have to invite more then one "security officers" with huge reputation on TMO to make this thread worth reading. And there's even more to this, please know that it might acctually breake device or two if You will continue.
Saying once more, I don't want to complain or disturb in (I think great thread and wiki page idea) - but it should be done by right people - with all respect to You of course.

So maybe add some info to first post, that You have been writing funny and unreal stories on TMO asking for help when You didn't actually need any, and that all info here should be double checked, consulted with (here You can copy/paste reputable members nicks). Don't get angry, just think about it man.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
Not to be sceptic or complain, but ... are You for real will mantain this thread about hardware (...) problems, with that achievement on Your account:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...10&postcount=4

?

In first post You add info about factory faulty devices with revision 2101, where I'm currently running on N900 rev. 2101 (charged once a day, connected to PC at least 5 times a week) and not even sign of any mUSB problems (---). See this post for example:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=10

You have to invite more then one "security officers" with huge reputation on TMO to make this thread worth reading. And there's even more to this, please know that it might acctually breake device or two if You will continue.
Saying once more, I don't want to complain or disturb in (I think great thread and wiki page idea) - but it should be done by right people - with all respect to You of course.

So maybe add some info to first post, that You have been writing funny and unreal stories on TMO asking for help when You didn't actually need any, and that all info here should be double checked, consulted with (here You can copy/paste reputable members nicks). Don't get angry, just think about it man.
Hey, chill out man, stop being so nice. I know so well my rep here, and I know it's not too good. I want to know how can I add people to write to that 1st post. And yes, you can all double check that info and reply of what you think is wrong. The things with the REV number I remember I also saw it on a wiki page, so if you are lucky enough that your device is still alive, it's your luck. My 2101 broke the usb... so for me it was a confirmation. Better to be caution then to regret.

P.S. I found a solution about how to fix the broken GSM motherboard. I am just waiting for some extra info, and in ~1, 2 months it will be sent to a professional service for replacing and maintaining the drivers.

As for my rep, people make mistakes, people change (okay not all of them, but I think I'm in the other half) and that's why I try to recover my rep. And I try doing that by making reasearch and learn more and more about this wonderful device.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post

Open terminal and type "cat /proc/cpuinfo" and check revision ( since 2101 and 2104 are factory faulty)
Not all N900's with hardware revision 2101 and 2104 are faulty. My N900's hardware revision is also 2101 and i'm using it for more than 2 years now and haven't encountered any USB port problems yet.

edit. why not just post thread link and write a small description that what information is available in the given thread ? i think its better than copy pasting.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2013-06-25 at 13:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
Not all N900's with hardware revision 2101 and 2104 are faulty. My N900's hardware revision is also 2101 and i'm using it for more than 2 years now and haven't encountered any USB port problems yet.

edit. why not just post thread link and write a small description that what information is available in the given thread ? i think its better than copy pasting.
Copy/Paste is a space killer. So yes, this will be only a link wiki, not a text wiki.

That was the next step I was willing to do in this thread, except that introduction. State the problem, add a link to the post/thread with the solution. I won't post solutions and claim that it's mine.

I will update the 1st post. The 2101 and 2104 claim to have most of the problems, so as I stated before, some of you are lucky some of you are not with these specific models. I think that is just bad luck (2101 - broken USB, 2104 - faulty GSM chip, and I owned both).

Also you can help me with links to problems .

Originally Posted by n900hacker View Post
I think you can begin with linking/explaining how to solve the broken usb port problem (soldering, glue)... It's a common problem with the n900 and many users have tried it. Another could be how to get devoce working when you get it wet (sorry for bad english)
Post updated, I will find some good links about the wet device and how to let it dry safe.

Bumping, what would you like to see here? Help me out!

My nokia N900 fell on the floor ns it's nt being restarted nw...Can u please help me vid dis issue???

Tags
hw problem, nokia n900