Don't try it, looks like a scam. Guy just registered this month and this is his first post!

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Hi,

Any link to an on-line web site we can buy ?

A++

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Hmm, so playing with my Handtec N9 in the last few hours and it's frozen a couple of times. This isn't normal. N950s on megabeta software were less flaky than this, and never totally locked up. Today, my N9 has rebooted a few times (and looped), been un-screen-unlockable twice and has totally frozen up once while using it.

My screen is indeed amoled-grainy too, which I can deal with as a compromise for having the sleeping/standby screen, but it's streaky as well.

Joy.

Are all Handtec people having the same kind of problems? New thread?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
OK - so I've had my Danish N9 for coming up on two weeks now (will be two weeks since I unboxed it this evening).

No spontaneous reboots. Booted it once to start it. Rebooted once a day or so later, just because. Rebooted it 9 days later because it had become sluggish when starting applications. Since the reboot (now 2d 19h according to the Battery Usage app) no general sluggishness. The Facebook app irritates at times when it's off getting updates. I don't have tweets delivered to the notifications screen (else there's nothing but tweets there). Facebook updates and several rss feeds (about half a dozen) there run nicely and smoothly.

CalDAV to Google, MfE to Google (for contacts - only updating once a day) 3 email a/c's fetching email across the day (always up-to-date during the day), available to Facebook, google talk, Skype during the day. Wifi/Bluetooth/3G radios on

The phone runs smoothly and remains a pleasure to use.

I have yet to turn on developer mode - I don't have need of that yet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
Mine is shipping with the same firmware as you guys. And it crashes a lot too

Apart from that, lovely responsive system, you can tell there is a gig of ram under there. The virtual kb and grainy amoled will take getting used to though.
How often? My Handtec sourced N9 arrived today. Seems okay so far. Are we talking or reboots?

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
Don't try it, looks like a scam. Guy just registered this month and this is his first post!
Isfr21 don't be so suspicious. I am not JFK assassin. You are too young to think like that. You should start from thinking that everyone is honest until proven otherwise.

I haven't even post the link to anything and you are calling me scammer.

I invited everyone in Serbia to visit it and buy N9. Read my post again.

@COLIN.STEPHANE

I don't have site in order for you to buy it online. Our smart dealers got the Nokia N9 only last week. The starting price was 680 €uro for N9 64Gb, but it is rapidly falling to now 597 €uros for the same model.

I am waitng for the sexiest BLUE N9 64Gb.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sastaviti For This Useful Post:
My 16gb Black N9 arrived tody from Singapore. I only paid $580 + $32 shipping to the US. I'm half tempted to buy like 5 more and flip them on to eBay and make a couple hundred bucks.

There was a SingTel sticker on the back of the phone that I removed easily, however the lockscreen also has a SingTel logo that I don't know how to remove. Other than that, the phone seems great. The package said made in China, not Finland.

Just got mine in the mail. The Device is great. However, it was branded with SingTel. Hoping a firmware flash will take care of this. Also, this one shipped from Negri electronics. I am receiving another 64GB N9 in the mail from welectronics.com. I will update this thread when I receive it.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
N9 from Handtec, unusable due to frequent freeze & reboots.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
It's not grainy as such, it's just I have really expensive glasses, so I can see that it looks a little different from the tft screen on the n900. Looks like my sisters sgs
thanks, HughF, you seem to understand that don't see does not equal don't have
So, would you mind commenting on the colour tones?

My N9 renders yellowish white and colours are oversaturared.

Like grandma's TV in the 80's.

10.2011.34-1_PR_005 is the firmware version.

Since this is a Thai market device,
I am hoping this firmware is tuned for the Asian market and that reflashing a European firmware would set general colour tone to blueish white and less saturation.

Originally Posted by DaGr8Gatzby View Post
Just got mine in the mail. The Device is great. However, it was branded with SingTel. Hoping a firmware flash will take care of this. Also, this one shipped from Negri electronics. I am receiving another 64GB N9 in the mail from welectronics.com. I will update this thread when I receive it.
have you seen http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4743

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge