Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Yes, it's all in here:
http://www.jollatides.com/2013/11/29...s-google-play/

Pay attention to the bit about the trailing / though.
i made the errir furst time, fixed by removing and reinstalling android support. but even folliwing the instruction, playstore start to load and then crash

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
May be it was mentioned earlier, but anyway: http://reviewjolla.blogspot.de/2013/...nsumption.html
That is an interesting find excessive battery drain in Jolla might be caused by bad TOH NFC implementation. I am testing stopping the tohd now.
Code:
systemctl stop tohd.service

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
I am also testing it turning tohd off. According to powertop power consumption got from 958mW to 552mW. Which is a lot in idle.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MaemoUser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
i made the errir furst time, fixed by removing and reinstalling android support. but even folliwing the instruction, playstore start to load and then crash
I rebooted after deleting the files in /opt/alien, then reinstalled Android support.

There's a thread about this all here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91942

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
May be it was mentioned earlier, but anyway: http://reviewjolla.blogspot.de/2013/...nsumption.html
That is an interesting find excessive battery drain in Jolla might be caused by bad TOH NFC implementation. I am testing stopping the tohd now.
Code:
Jolla are hoping to issue a hotfix according to one of the comments:

Harri Hakulinen23 December 2013 00:39
This is indeed very good piece of work from everyone of you, thank you.

Obviously, NFC is NOT intended to be on all the time, in fact it should be on only when TOH is not attached to main unit. So there is clear bug somewhere in TOH daemon or drivers delow.

If you solve this yourself by removing NFC tag from TOH, most likely you will loose that tag forever, because the glue used on that is so strong that it is difficult to remove it without breaking it.

So if possible, wait until we can provide fix for this problem. Now the challenge is that we are supposed to be on Christmas holiday on this week, after very busy fall with long hours for everybody. So at least I would not like to push anyone to fix this in a week or so. Maybe we can do hotfix for this in January, lets see.

Agan, thank you Simo and everyone that has provided input data for this exercise. We can do this #together !

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
It took me 3 days to notice how you can change your input to the calculator afterwards. That's a nice feature I almost overlooked because I hadn't expected it from an application I rarely use on any phone. Sweet!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Code:
Nice find! I'll try that immediately.

By the way, it seems Jolla's note and clock application have been updated in the store recently... Clock 16th of Dec and Notes 19th of Dec. Microsoft Exhange and Android support have also been updated (19th of Dec) in store it seems.

I can't find a way to update the apps without removing them first... Any way to just 'update' them?

Last edited by Thoke; 2013-12-23 at 10:22.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
It took me 3 days to notice how you can change your input to the calculator afterwards. That's a nice feature I almost overlooked because I hadn't expected it from an application I rarely use on any phone. Sweet!
The spoils are in the details

you can also tap on results of previous operations to use them as input. (alphabetical label will appear)

Good work , Jolla team! The wine of the house tastes fine. Looking forward to the main dish.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Netherlands
Well after a couple of days of use I got everything working for me to use the Jolla as my main phone. And I have to say: I really like the idea behind the whole interface. Still getting used to the swipe actions. Sometimes my regular swipes start a bit to close to the side of the screen so it becomes a push. But other than that I really like the feeling of the device.

A few things that happened to me (and sometimes I managed to figure out):
- The lag when the connection is switched between moblie data and wifi.
- The android apps that don't start or crash when a lot of apps are open. (seems like a memory thing?)
- Pictures that didn't showed up in my gallery. I had 11000 images on my sdcard, so it took too long to load. After clearing the sd card, it worked fine.
- Music that I transfered with sailbox didn't show up in my player. Even after I copied it to the sd card. Now I transfer my files with filezilla. (ip in the phone under ssh, username: nemo, Pass: set under ssh) this works very nicely. And the music shows up in the player.
- Media that only shows music, is kinda weird. Videos are in the gallery.
- And a couple of things that where there in the promo videos. Videos playing in the smart covers, and the integrated facebook client. Really hope that those things will come in January.
- The android apps that I use (whatsapp, Instagram) work nicely. Able to select images from the gallery to post them.
- The import from Google contacts, makes all mobile numbers into home numbers in my Jolla. Because of this, the contacts are not visible in the android apps like Whatsapp. So look in your jolla contacts check if the imported number is a home number. Then add another phone number to that contacts, select mobile as a number type, and copy the existing number to the mobile number. The contacts will now show up.
- My Other have keeps giving the message that it doesn't work, the rest of the store works great. Only my other half. But now I disabled the nfc due to the battery issues. And created my own ambiances so not an issue anymore, but I really hope that it will work in the future on my device.
- And the lack of control in many parts of the device. (Looking forward to the future updates )

So now I have finally set up my device like I want to. So I guess I really like the hardware, and like the OS but its very very rough around the edges.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bertjefred For This Useful Post:
You can just change the number type by long pressing on it while its gray.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience