Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Hintry View Post
Actually Eldar brings to light many pertinent points regarding Nokia. IMO the man's pretty insightful and goes a long way to explaining some of Nokia's current predicaments.
N8 is not Nokia's flagship, so much of his insightfullness. Need I remind you that you are praising an opinion of a guy who boldly claimed that the iPhone concept is a disaster and it will never sell?

He has lost all objectivity and I really don't know anyone who closely follows the industry who values his opinions and predicaments. Not to mention that he has that weird shifting fanboism synced to the marketing campaigns of various companies in Russia - he used to praise Nokia when Nokia was advertising heavily in Russia, now he praises Samsung - guess who's on the marketing role in Russia atm.?

Last edited by zwer; 2010-05-04 at 11:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
@Hintry
except that the N8 is not a flagship phone.
Really? There's a lot of people calling it exactly that...

http://www.mybrandonline.com/2010/04...e-is-official/

http://www.sharenet.co.za/v3/news_disp.php?id=322075

Last edited by Hintry; 2010-05-04 at 11:53.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
they're simply wrong
But ... they are on the internet!?!

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
But ... they are on the internet!?!
As is this.

Anyway, if N8 is not a Symbian flagship, then what is?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
there is no more symbian flagship.

edit: is there s40 flagship??

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
How do you know they aren't going nuts over an extra large pop-up poster of a naked Steve Balmer?
That... while going nuts and jumping around yelling "developers developers developers dev..."

(jumpy nuts?)
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
there is no more symbian flagship.

edit: is there s40 flagship??
OK I'll buy that - Nokia no longer has a Symbian flagship, only mid-range devices.

"Flagship" maybe coming in Nokia World.

Nokia staff have said this is not THE flagship, suggesting there is one coming up.

That rumoured N98 has been around for a while known as the E7 (I hope that's NOT the flagship).

There's a lot of expectations for any device Nokia dares call a flagship (what with that cruddy N96 then N97 debacle) .

I hope this year, Nokia will learn what flagship means. It's not about having a camera flagship or a messaging flagship, i.e. diluting your hardware strengths.

Flagship means fastest, newest most heavily armed, leading the pack not only from your own portfolio but the rest of the market.

A lot of eyes are on Nokia to see if they will ever bring out anything that has that combination to take on their rivals. Anything less than spectacular is a fail.

As for N8, what is it? It's one heck of a camera/video smartphone which will have a lot of mass market appeal. Non removable battery won't be an issue for majority of customers and if you needed to replace it later on in its life, you can. Just remove those screws and pop in another BL-4D standard battery.

N8 ticks a lot of boxes. It now just rests on whether they'll polish S^3 in time so that the user experience can match the great hardware.

Ideally the flagship would just be the N8, with bigger battery, bigger higher res screen, still having the imaging features - xenon/hd (i doubt the xenon), better processor, more RAM and have MeeGo.

Tags
bad mojo, h3ll100ser, ignorant thread, raised nothing, sigh, worst thread