Active Topics

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Hello Marieke and all.

I would like to volunteer for the co-creation workshop on Thursday, October 8th, at the Maemo Summit 2009.

My interest in maemo is focussed on usability, the needs of mass consumers and power users, even altough I also have a personal interest in "casual software development" (related to the poweruser-needs).

My skills and experiences:
  • MSc, 20 years experience in software development (+/- professionally since 13 years, last 5 years as swdev manager for a large multinational IT company)
  • Over 10 years experience with various devices and OS in the mobile segment (Palm 8 years, Windows CE/.net on and off again, Symbian 1.5 years, maemo 2.5 years, JavaME on and off, a bit of iPhone), both as a user and (partially) as a casual developer [PocketC, Compact Framework, JavaME, Python on Maemo, read into iPhone Dev/SDK]
  • Some maemo work done (mClock, tabletSearch, packaging wiki)
  • An N800 and a N810
  • Participant in Summit 2008 and 2009
  • Karma "position" somewhere in the top 150
  • Experience in the full life-cycle of software development, from A-Z (idea-concept-realisation-marketing-release-support)
  • An understanding of the hardcore engineering under the engine without getting lost in details
  • An understanding for the needs of the "common people" in the mobile space, being able to abstract between technical "nerds-needs" and mass consumer appeal (use-cases, expectations, usability, accesibility)
  • Two months of spare time to invest in Maemo in September and October :-) (I'm currently switching employer and have some massive overtime to compensate).
  • No financial interests :-)

Sorry for being a bit late, was on holiday, too...

Thanks and best regards
-Tom

Last edited by twaelti; 2009-08-31 at 12:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
For everybody interested in Nokia and the idea of co-creation: take a look at these two posts on conversations.nokia.com to learn a bit more about the ideas in the background:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Marieke: are you familiar with the Amsterdam start-up Layar, involved with augmented reality?

Maybe some synergy there...

http://layar.eu/

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Marieke: are you familiar with the Amsterdam start-up Layar, involved with augmented reality?

Maybe some synergy there...

http://layar.eu/
Hi, thanks and yes I know them, they've been quite well covered in all the media. Cool stuff and I'm very curious how the whole augmented reality thing is going to evolve in the near future!