Active Topics

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ San Francisco Bay Area, CA
I want to back up all my data to my computer (pictures, videos, contacts, messages) as I dropped my phone and cracked my screen as well. Is it possible to do it? The problem is that the phone normally asks if I wanted to sync it to the PC via PC mode or mass storage and I can't select it as the screen is broken... I also want to eventually copy that via the ovi suite back onto my N900 once I have synced it. Thank you!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Ways to do it without losing data:
1. Get replacement screen
2. If device autoconnects to wifi, you can ssh into the device and do backup that way.
3. Build special serial cable and connect it to pins under the sim slot and recover data with that

Ways where aegis protected data is gone.
4. Install ubiboot and use rescue mode to export the drives to linux. (Triggers open mode -> aegis data is lost, but you can recover all non aegis data).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
buy used one
simple solution

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
If your touchscreen is still working why not just use TV out or tapping 5cm under the nokia logo after connecting the usb cable?!

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
3. Build special serial cable and connect it to pins under the sim slot and recover data with that.
Just out of curiosity.. Could you pls elaborate a bit how this is working exactly and why?

Last edited by willi6868; 2014-06-18 at 11:24.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
even if the screen is broken, you might still be able to tap.

do you have developer mode enabled? If so then you can try to ssh or even run vnc.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Thank you for all your replies. Unfortunately I cannot tap the screen as it's COMPLETELY wrecked. I think I left it on my car and drove off and it fell off the car. Good thing someone found it. The volume control still works and you can hear it going up and down so the phone is definately still working.

Name:  20140618_001.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  55.8 KB

The device autoconnects to wifi and developer mode is enabled (although I haven't used it much). How do I do the ssh or run vnc? I wanted to do an easy backup with Nokia Ovi Suite as I usually do where I can backup all my contacts, sms, and pictures/videos. I then want to copy it BACK onto my N900.

I really missed my N900, I think the sound quality is better and most of all I missed the keyboard. It is bulky and not as nice looking but as someone has in their signature "Beauty and the Beast" in regards to the N9 and N900...

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I'd say get a cheap, used screen and replace. Easiest.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
open router connections and check ip address of your device, then ... if you didnt set password for user and dont remember developer apssword and not allowed root login and set root password you out of luck with this method, unfortunately.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Just out of curiosity.. Could you pls elaborate a bit how this is working exactly and why?
"flasher --set-rd-flags=serial-console" enables serial console pins on N9, 115200 8N1 no hw, there is getty answering there, and unlike ssh the getty accepts root/rootme login (so only protection against serial console attack is to change default root password to something else). And voila your in, if you get so far, you know how to proceed and get data out over wifi, usbnet, etc
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
I'd say get a cheap, used screen and replace. Easiest.
I have the same problem. A broken AMOLED and digitalizer is not working, Gorilla glass is ok, but My N9 is useless right now.

Do you know where are rhe cheap replacements? 90 USD for the screen is a Little bit expensive.