Hello,

A few days ago my wifi stopped to display available wireless networks.

More information about my current state:
- I do have internet from the 3g ISP.
- I think i might be connected somehow with the hotspot application crash i had but i'm not sure.
- I use the latest cssu and power kernel.
- Switching to Bleeding edge driver also doesn't show any available wireless networks.

Is there anyway to resolve this without reflashing rootfs?
maybe there is a way to overwrite the stock wifi driver files to be able to see the available network..

Hope someone can help me with that,

Thanks.

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
I would suggest to install syslog daemon and see if there is a driver or hardware problem.
You can also post the log file in this thread.

Here is a post about the changes in the config file for only activating the kernel messages. The path and file is up to you. However to get all messages and prevent the root to get full you can set also a new path for the *.* entry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply.

Before i start to export all events to a log file i would like to make sure that i understand how to stop the massive log from growing and return the configuration to the way it was before the change.

Last edited by DJBENTZY; 2014-07-21 at 20:09.

Originally Posted by DJBENTZY View Post
Before i start to export all events to a log file i would like to make sure that i understand how to stop the massive log from growing and return the configuration to the way it was before the change.
To stop the logging you can comment the line out in the config or remove syslogd.

log file is attached,
hope someone can help me solve this problem,

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: tar syslogfile.tar.tar (340.0 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by DJBENTZY; 2014-07-22 at 20:51.

Now as root look for the loaded modules and upload text file here same with iwconfig.

Code:
lsmod > /media/mmc1/modules.txt
iwconifg > /media/mmc1/wadapter.txt
When the command ifconfig have no entry wlan0 try to bring it up and report what happens. When no error message occure you can proof with ifconfig if it was really coming up.
Code:
ifconfig wlan0 up

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
I must say that in the beginning i was skeptical about trying to solve it without re-flashing the rootfs.

I don't really understand what the commands supposed to do...
But...

Thank you very much it worked!!!

Last edited by DJBENTZY; 2014-07-23 at 20:18.

and again... after a few hours of normal wifi behavior, its not showing any wifi available network on discovering wifi connections..

what should i do?

Originally Posted by DJBENTZY View Post
and again... after a few hours of normal wifi behavior, its not showing any wifi available network on discovering wifi connections..

what should i do?
Maybe you should start by uploading the .txt files asked by Halftux ☺3 posts ago

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
Maybe you should start by uploading the .txt files asked by Halftux ☺3 posts ago

you are right

Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
When the command ifconfig have no entry wlan0 try to bring it up and report what happens. When no error message occure you can proof with ifconfig if it was really coming up.
Code:
ifconfig wlan0 up

logs files attached, i think that wlan0 is still down even after "wlan0 up" command.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (3.2 KB, 50 views)