Notices

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Any progress?

I fear your eventlogger db is f...ed up?

I would export all contacts to MyDocs and grep through the VCFs for parts of your two number. Just to exclude it is only double occurrence of same number in contacts.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I fear your eventlogger db is f...ed up?
So do I. What's in it except the call, SMS and IM history? I am tempted to delete it and let the phone recreate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Afaik that is it, but to be honest Idk exactly or already forgot again (but there are surely some info on tmo )

I was tempted to say go ahead and it is easy to get your original file back in place easily. But after
Code:
~ $ lsof .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db 
COMMAND    PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE    SIZE  NODE NAME
hildon-ho 2176 user   23u   REG  179,2 2142208 57502 .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
maenotify 2406 user   10u   REG  179,2 2142208 57502 .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
osso-addr 6668 user   14u   REG  179,2 2142208 57502 .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
rtcom-cal 6672 user   12u   REG  179,2 2142208 57502 .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
hildon-st 7095 user   22u   REG  179,2 2142208 57502 .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
rtcom-mes 8961 user   10u   REG  179,2 2142208 57502 .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
I am afraid it is not so easy to get it back. So I would experiment a bit more (but what?).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Never mind, I've gone ahead and deleted the eventlogger file, then rebooted to restart all services properly. And guess what? I left myself a voicemail again and when the notification arrived, tapping on its entry in recent calls brings up the damn old wrong number again!!! Aaaarrghhhh!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Unmount MyDocs and grep xxx90xx55xxx through /home/user And also /etc completely!
Before you go to sleep

Maybe we can cut it down, .... then ...

btw: our (busybox) grep does not support --exclude-dir option, anyone knows a workaround (instead of unmounting)?
--
answering myself: use ggrep (grep-gnu, gnu-utils package)

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-07-26 at 21:29. Reason: xxing the phone number

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
[Edit: For anyone wondering how peterleinchen knows +421905 etc was the wrong voicemail number. It was in a post with some picture attachmets that I later deleted as it was too verbose. The thread makes enough sense without it.]

Way ahead of you, brother It took Bl**dy Ages™ and in the end, all that grep -r 421905055551 /home/user found was a few occurrences in systemBackups (I know, I forgot to unmount MyDocs ). Unfortunately I do not know the exact file name, only the tarball.

So I decided to take the big guns and run this overnight as root:
Code:
cd /
for i in bin etc home lib root sbin syspart usr var ; do echo /$i ... ; grep -rsH 421905055551 $i/* ; done
(Directory names spelled out to skip /dev, /proc and /sys to avoid grepping throgh /dev/zero or similar.)

In the end, the offending number was found in two files:
  • /home/user/.rtcom-messaging-ui/draft.db
  • /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
I've deletd both, rebooted, ran grep again, this time no matches found. Repeated the "leave myself a voicemal" experiment and guess what? The damn number was back!

"What the deuce is going on?", I thought. No occurrence of that number anywhere, where does the damn thing pick it up from? Then it finally dawned on me: the SIM card!

I want to disappear under the ground in shame but the sad thuth is, it turned out I had two Voicemail entries on my SIM card. One as a regular contact, along with other contacts such as Customer Service and Credit Check (it is pre-paid card). Needless to say, I promptly deleted it.

The other one is the proper Voicemail record (i.e not a regular contact). Somehow, this one had two phone numbers defined, including the stubbornly reappearing one. The only way it could get there was me adding it, but it must have been so long ago I have no recollection of that.

How now, brown cow? I can see it in Contacts -> Groups -> SIM card contacts. I can even edit it. But trying to save it gives me, "Unable to perform operation. Internal error." I've tried putting the card in my older phone but that one did not see the entry at all, only the regular contact ones. I probably need a much older, dumb phone (which I suspect was what I used in the first place) but there is none in the house.

Any ideas? I believe it is within the topic of clearing voicemail numbers

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-07-29 at 17:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: