Notices

xtris is a basic Tetris game, but with unlimited bots and cross-platform network play (tested with a normal Debian Linux server and client). The latest .deb has a Hildon app icon and everything

To install from the Terminal:
sudo gainroot
dpkg -i xtris-1.15maemo3_armel.deb

If you want to try a network game, I have a server running -- but can't guarantee anyone will be playing! From a Terminal, run:

/usr/games/xtris boil.afraid.org

Thanks to qobi and qole for the XSetInputFocus / WM_HINTS discussion. I basically ripped qobi's code and stuck it in the X_Init() function. I also changed button/GUI size and placement for better fitting the N900 screen... see the screenshots below for before and after

4/7: NEW maemo3 update makes buttons finger-sized 35px height rather than pinky/stylus-sized 20px.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: gz xtris-1.15maemo3-src.tar.gz (52.4 KB, 140 views)
File Type: deb xtris-1.15maemo3_armel.deb (69.8 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by wumpwoast; 2011-04-07 at 06:00.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to bump this -- the .deb should be easy to install and test, now that it's bundled with an appmenu icon.

The Following User Says Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
One more update -- to make buttons finger-sized. Not sure I'm going to spend much more time on xtris, but thanks for looking

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Thanks
How about adding GameGripper support?

Re: GameGripper, you're basically asking for the controls to be read from a textfile rather than hard-coded, right? I think that's a good idea, since the defaults are rather cramped anyways.

I'd also like to make the font more readable if possible.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by wumpwoast View Post
Re: GameGripper, you're basically asking for the controls to be read from a textfile rather than hard-coded, right? I think that's a good idea, since the defaults are rather cramped anyways.

I'd also like to make the font more readable if possible.
You can add an option to redefine the buttons

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Moscow
No shortcut in app menu. How to start the game?

Tags
bada rox