Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Hyderabad, India
Hi all,
I have flashed the fone with rootfs+emmc as well.
I still doubt if this is a hardware issue. The camera started behaving wierdly after updating to pr 1.2, sometimes the pic used to be fine, and most of the time i used to get a pic 80% of the pic was covered with yellow lines. I dont remember from when, but one day i started getting this error. i have debranded the phone to PR 1.3, the issue is still the same. I still doubt if its a hardware issue, AFAIK i didnt even drop my phone. took it to nokia care in India, they said they wont repair it, guess i need to request them again. Really frustrating to have such a nice cam but unable to use it since 4 months.

Regards
Karthik

It is definately a hardware issue!

Only nokia will be able to help now

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Whom should i approach now?? I guess should find someone at Nokia care in india....but not sure if its possible

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
http://www.nokia.com/in-en/care-point-finder/

Device should still have factory warranty, if your local care point don't know how to fix, I bet that they are able to send it to some global care point which is able to fix it.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by karthik.cak View Post
Whom should i approach now?? I guess should find someone at Nokia care in india....but not sure if its possible
Were you able to fix it? Since Nokia N9 was not launched in India, did you get support from Nokia Care?

Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
Were you able to fix it? Since Nokia N9 was not launched in India, did you get support from Nokia Care?
Took the device to nokia care, they said they have no idea of it. Will take it to some other nokia care this weekend.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by karthik.cak View Post
Took the device to nokia care, they said they have no idea of it. Will take it to some other nokia care this weekend.
Nokia Care (India) won't help you in this case I suppose. This is the problem you face when you are using a model which is not released in your country. I had a tough time finding the screen guard and case for my N9 (bought it from eBay later on). But I believe you will face problems in getting it serviced at Nokia Care (India).

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2012-08-08 at 11:37.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I have had the same problem. Nokia Online Repair put new hardware in my N9's shell, in their words a swap.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Philippines
Are you sure it isn't the gps? I had the exact same problem yesterday, and I saw this thread, saw page 1 and turned on my GPS. Worked like a charm.

It seems that this occurred because I had enabled 'Use GPS' function in the camera, but I turned off the phone's GPS in the settings.

Here's a way to make sure that it really is a hardware problem: try other apps which use the camera, e.g., a QR code scanner.

Tried all apps which use camera. they went to not responding state.

The Following User Says Thank You to karthik.cak For This Useful Post: