Active Topics

hey, gys evn i have the same problm with my nokia n9, that when evr i try to open the camera its showing a nasty error which is hrting me, as your carera is not reponding, restart the device, if the problem is continues,, but you kno there is have the illution for this promblem
actually when i called to nokia care customer care service by dialing 040 30303838 one of the emplyer recive the phone and listen my problem, unfortunately he have the same phone and same problem,, bt his problem was solved and he suggest me how he solved his problem,,
he said me there is global nokia care centre which we have see the address on internet who could b solved this kind of problems
but wou't get adress please send me the adders if anybdy aware of it

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
got same problems here.
first the camera won't respond, says "Camera not responding, try again or restart the device if the problems continues."
then the problems grow, all contacts, messages and images won't appear, images are still exist in the folders.
trying to uninstall mods like fastern9, use 'user.dirs-dirs' method for could be a tracker problem, but the errors persist.
any help, please?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
efion,

Camera not responding seems to be a different problem from images etc not appearing... Are you sure you fixed user-dirs.dirs? Did you re-transfer media to your phone to test?

Once done and satisfied you can try fixing camera by installing the 2 camera-related packages...

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
efion,

Camera not responding seems to be a different problem from images etc not appearing... Are you sure you fixed user-dirs.dirs? Did you re-transfer media to your phone to test?

Once done and satisfied you can try fixing camera by installing the 2 camera-related packages...
already solved,
i restored my backup files then everything goes normal, just losing some contacts and sms', still cant figure out what cause it
thanks anyway

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by efion View Post
already solved,
i restored my backup files then everything goes normal, just losing some contacts and sms', still cant figure out what cause it
thanks anyway
Eflon, can you help me with this?

This same message on the camera ("The camera is not responding. Try again or restart the device if the problem continues") is now happening on my second Nokia N9 device (after I sent the first back to MobiCityUK for repair, and then they did not repair it and LIED REPEATEDLY TO ME, but that's another story...)

Can you tell me exactly how to fix? Last time, the camera thing started happening, then lost text messages, Skype stopped working, as did GTalk video calls, and various other things I can't remember now.

This happened this time after re-installing all my music on this new second N9, and downloading various apps I had downloaded before, including Emumaster, and lots of other things that I am now uninstalling to try to find out what was the cause.

Another thing it says is that I can't add a CalDav calendar, as I "don't have enough internal memory", even though I clearly do!

Roll on Jolla!

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Germany
Got the same issue here since last week.
My call log, messages, pictures in gallery disappeared.
So i did a tracker backup and restarted tracker.
After that most pictures were back again and my call log and messages also.
Now it doesnt show those pics i did after restoring the tracker backup.
Since today my camera also lags and so on...
Hope somebody will find a solution soon

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Dhaka
Since last few days I am having the same camera problem. "The camera is not responding. Try again or restart the device if the problem continues".

Is there any idea to solve it? In addition my third party flash light application also not working.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ India
Hi Guys, Even I am from India, My N9 will shut down if I insert the sim, It works without the sim. contacted Nokia care point they said they will not support it because the phone was not launched in India. If your N9 has a prob Nokia care point will not service it for you in INDIA

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Stuttgart/Germany
Hi,

how many of you were using phone torch for a long time?
I replaced the camera, same error. Maybe phone torch messed up something related to camera and LED flash power? Because LED flash doesn't work either.