Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
As far as I am aware (and there was a thread about GiffGaff recently) the unlimited data plan they sell is due to end Dec of this year. Everyone has unlimited until then.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
As far as I am aware (and there was a thread about GiffGaff recently) the unlimited data plan they sell is due to end Dec of this year. Everyone has unlimited until then.
the free 100mb out of bundle data ends on dec 1st
the unlimited data with the bundles carries on after dec 1st
thats the way i read it ?

Originally Posted by crispy View Post
the free 100mb out of bundle data ends on dec 1st
the unlimited data with the bundles carries on after dec 1st
thats the way i read it ?
I confirmed this... you are right

nope, just let them try

ordered a dell streak on O2 this affy, I'll see how I get on with it and swap the sim to the 900 f I prefer that. Although, SWMBO has got her eye on my 900......

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
i got a phone call offering me the 3 choices i said cancel, and was told over phone that i will be billed till the 30th of this month and thats that
also the guy mumbled sumit about my pac code running out on the 30th as well so within 3 days of getting a text wich said it lasts for 30 days lol.
giffgaff are gona try change the number on the 1st so ill find out then
vodafone customer care sucks thou the offer wasnt a bad 1 in my opinion

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Wow. you guys have had some serious success with the unlimited internet issue.

Do you reckon it's too late to jump on the bandwagon or could I still find my way out of my contract?

You are pushing it close. Just send the letter TODAY and see what you can do. Also email all 4 emails mentioned in this thread with the letter too.

Originally Posted by Graham Cobb View Post
So, for me, the difference is in the tariff packages. I recently switched from Orange to Voda, partly because of coverage at home but mainly because Voda are by far the cheapest for international data roaming (still a rip-off but much better than the others -- I do a lot of travelling). I took a SIM-only 30-day contract tariff so I can easily switch if something better comes along.
Yes I agree with you on all points there! My experience of 3 is over 11 years on one contract and 7 years on the other and they have been consistently good, but I suspect there are those who would like to differ.

With regard to tariff's again I think 3 do pretty well. I don't know the specifics for data roaming charges though?

As an example - I finally got the call from Vodafone and chose to cancel yesterday. I have one 3 contract on a monthly rolling sim only deal and my GF's which is on a 24mnth contract with 9 months to run. The cancellation charge for my GF's phone should have been just less than £200. I managed to get two (dare I say it!!!) iPhone 4's 16Gb each with 500 min's, 5000 txts, 1Gb data and 5000 3 to 3 min's and txts for £35 a month and they reduced my GF's early cancellation fee to £101!

In my opinion that is pretty good example of how to treat your customers! Needless to say I'm a happy bunny... and my GF is p*ssed off because she has to wait until next friday for her new phone! LOL

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i would love to get out of this contract, only because i have no 3G coverage at all where i live, compared to my previous O2 contract that worked perfectly, unfortunately i have never used 3G internet at home on my phone due to this (its been wifi only for me) so sending letters quoting data usage is probably pointless for me

Vodafone have not contacted me at all since i received a letter off them, telling me they had received my letter and would be in contact with me before 1st October.

So i phoned them today.

Absolutely useless.

The guy had no idea about a new change ("it's always been 500mb, we've never said unlimited") to the T&C's.

Also he didn't and wouldn't read Vodafone's own T&C's to see if i was correct in my complaint. I had to read them out to him off the Vodafone Forum.

In the end he did agree that i was over 10% of my bill, and should be able to cancel, but said that he could not do it, and it had to be done by the Admin team, who he could not contact ("because i only work in customer services").

He did try to offer me £5 off my bill for every month i go over my 500mb limit, but only £5, no more if i use over 1gb.
I assume that's their new trick, try to stop people leaving by offering them a small discount on their bill.

He then told me i should email them instead.

So i did. I've emailed the Directors Office email address detailing my complaint.

Funny thing was, 10 minutes later, i got an automated phone call asking to review my phone call to Vodafone CS.
Suprisingly enough, i didn't give them a good rating.

Last edited by munkiii; 2010-09-30 at 14:16. Reason: added some bits

Tags
vodafone con