Regarding the possibility of Nintendo 64 emulation because I'm really itching to play good ol' Paper Mario 64 on my N9. How far along are you with the donations to jump start your motivation I commend you for bringing emumaster to the community, since games are really scarce in N9.

Originally Posted by LimBoSinKeR View Post
Regarding the possibility of Nintendo 64 emulation because I'm really itching to play good ol' Paper Mario 64 on my N9. How far along are you with the donations to jump start your motivation I commend you for bringing emumaster to the community, since games are really scarce in N9.
Right now I am busy with making current set of emulations better and better. If you are so curious about the amount of donations it is 190$ out of 400$ for N64 emulation.

C'mon folks lets donate the remaining 210$ to get the n64 emulator

mupen64plus for ARM will compile and run with minimal changes. I don't really have the time to package it all up though. I can put the binaries out there, but it requires some serious open-mode action to run.
Long term, it needs rotation, joystick, better touchscreen handling, native gui, and updated to latest source. There's some funky bug in it where the FPS drops to near zero after a while.

Last edited by jflatt; 2012-03-16 at 04:34.

@elemental Have you considered uploading this to Apps for MeeGo? It has the potential to be a central point for open-source apps apart from Ovi, but at the moment there's a shortage of quality content - which could be changed by adding apps like this one.

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
@elemental Have you considered uploading this to Apps for MeeGo? It has the potential to be a central point for open-source apps apart from Ovi, but at the moment there's a shortage of quality content - which could be changed by adding apps like this one.
Apps for MeeGo uses OBS packaging system which is complicated. Why anyone should learn OBS when it's not even popular. Why would not we have a repository like extra-devel and extra-testing like N900 has? Why? It would be much simpler and it definitely would be used by developers.

Originally Posted by elemental View Post
Apps for MeeGo uses OBS packaging system which is complicated. Why anyone should learn OBS when it's not even popular. Why would not we have a repository like extra-devel and extra-testing like N900 has? Why? It would be much simpler and it definitely would be used by developers.
As long as you can produce a Debian source package (.dsc/.tar.gz) from your code, it's a lot easier than it seems to use OBS - I'm not sure what the procedure for doing that using Qt Creator is though.

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
mupen64plus for ARM will compile and run with minimal changes. I don't really have the time to package it all up though. I can put the binaries out there, but it requires some serious open-mode action to run.
Long term, it needs rotation, joystick, better touchscreen handling, native gui, and updated to latest source. There's some funky bug in it where the FPS drops to near zero after a while.
I plan to use sixaxis Ps3 Controller when n64 emu is added

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Let's not forget that if you actually want to RUN it on the N9, then a UI with on screen buttons must be authored from scratch. No small task really.

I ported a Sega Saturn emulator to the N900 and it was really no problem at all because I had a standard QWERTY to control it with. While I can get that program to run on the N9, the real challenge would be to make it playable.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
You are doing great job , keep working