Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by titan View Post
this package version doesn't exist. you mean kernel-power-flasher?
did you reboot after installation?
did you overclock or change some other settings?
errrrrrr.......
sorry about that, it's kernel-power-flasher.

i did reboot after installation.
and i only change the MIN_FREQ=125000 and MAX_FREQ=1000000 in /etc/default/kernel-power

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by miwalter View Post
Either busybox is really broken or I'm more stupid than I thought.
After installing the transition-package I symlinked the file - and later found out, that there was no file to be symlinked at all... I forgot to install the additional package. But busybox didn't gave an errormessage after the first attempt to symlink - that's really... "bad".
So - if someone has no errormessage, doublecheck if the symlink (the "ln -sf"-thing) was created correct...
that's the expected behavior of "ln -sf" (force). in your case it wouldn't break anything
and would take effect only after you install the package.

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by brianchen0321 View Post
errrrrrr.......
sorry about that, it's kernel-power-flasher.
i did reboot after installation.
and i only change the MIN_FREQ=125000 and MAX_FREQ=1000000 in /etc/default/kernel-power
set MAX_FREQ to a reasonable value like 850000 or 599000. with >=1GHz everything can break...

set MAX_FREQ to a reasonable value like 850000 or 599000. with >=1GHz everything can break...
thank a lot. it works fine now.

that's the expected behavior of "ln -sf" (force). in your case it wouldn't break anything
and would take effect only after you install the package.
No this is not expected. "-s create symbolic link", "-f don't ask if overwriting".

There is no parameter for "don't tell miwalter if the source to symlink to does not exist"

Edit: I hate unix. "remove existing destination files" - that seems to imply "and don't tell anyone if I cannot work"...

i installed titan's kernel 21 it was working fine but when i tried to play a video it said format not supported. the video was playable before.

then i flashed my device and again installed the kerne but it was same.

please help what should i do. the device gets very hot . i used the oc settings 125mhz to 900mz. and stock settings 250-600. the results was same.

should i try kernel 22

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by mnaveed View Post
i installed titan's kernel 21 it was working fine but when i tried to play a video it said format not supported. the video was playable before.

then i flashed my device and again installed the kerne but it was same.

please help what should i do. the device gets very hot . i used the oc settings 125mhz to 900mz. and stock settings 250-600. the results was same.

should i try kernel 22
You should try the kernel 24. Most of the time if you have a problem with a package.. try the latest one. It can have been fixed.

There are big difference from the kernel22 and kernel24. Read about it and then make the change. I think it's from page 272 and onwards you need to read.

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-04-15 at 10:11.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Israel
great kernel (maemo24) been using it since it came out for several hours now and it seems stable and snapy

voltage settings to ideal
but changed the freqs
max_freq set to 900
min_freq set to 250

b4 installing the new kernel i did a firmware flash (backup first) to have a nice clean installation, then created the file for the OC and UV
reboot

great kernel titan
thnx for your great work

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
yes. try
Code:
cat /sys/power/dsp_opps_rate
the next version of the settings package will have a command to summarize the current settings.
but it displays all the 15 speeds - 90 to 520.. I was actually trying to see the current maximum DSP speed in use like in cat scaling_max_freq, is it possible? thanks

Originally Posted by moshikko View Post
great kernel (maemo24) been using it since it came out for several hours now and it seems stable and snapy

voltage settings to ideal
but changed the freqs
max_freq set to 900
min_freq set to 250

b4 installing the new kernel i did a firmware flash (backup first) to have a nice clean installation, then created the file for the OC and UV
reboot

great kernel titan
thnx for your great work

can u please post the steps to what you did, will be very helpfull thanks

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom