Active Topics

Notices

Hi,

regarding http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=882
what should work :

charging, ...

what has been tested :

basically nothing.
Nope, I think it won't with the current script. I know that you can't use the "charge.sh" script with the meego kernel. If you do you'll likely end up in kernel panics (after some minutes). At least this was the case in RescueOS and as you used this kernel it'll happen here probably too.

So if you are still interested in this, better modify charge21.bash from meegochare.tar to point to BackupMenu's i2cset, i2cget binaries. http://enivax.net/jk/n900/
also load bq27x00_battery.ko

And finally either rewrite it to work with sh or add /bin/bash. sh -n at least finds no errors, so it'll probably also work with sh...

It's an interesting idea anyway. Just today a very similiar, but still different one came up in my mind :-).

Last edited by NIN101; 2011-09-04 at 23:20. Reason: Typo

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I tried using backupmenu and it appears to slow down the device and make it quite stuttery. I made a backup and then uninstalled it and the device was back to normal again. I have installed CSSU, overclocking, custom kernel, transitions mods, and karam's mods, not sure if that matters. Anyone else experienced this?

I got no problems with latest backupmenu. I don't use karam's patches. KP48, CSSU, 500-900 mhz.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I tried using backupmenu and it appears to slow down the device and make it quite stuttery. I made a backup and then uninstalled it and the device was back to normal again. I have installed CSSU, overclocking, custom kernel, transitions mods, and karam's mods, not sure if that matters. Anyone else experienced this?
I don't see how that can happen. BackupMenu doesn't run anything at all during a normal boot - you either boot into BackupMenu (in which case nothing else is run), or you boot normally (in which case BackupMenu never gets loaded).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Hi guys, i have a problem with the Tools section of BackupMenu. I can't open the Root Shell Command Line from the T option, can you help me? did i missed something? i have not idea about it..

Maybe becouse i'm using the maemo kernel?
Do i have to reinstall the kernel-power?

OK, Update about my question.. it was becouse i used the Maemo Kernel. I used the power kernel and it worked, but in the Command Line i see a message like "battery percentage XX%" it's driving me crazy a fix for this? thx community

Last edited by santiago; 2011-09-09 at 01:12.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I don't see how that can happen.
Does this use a bootloader? I know it changes which it boots based on the slider being open. But how does it determine where the target kernel is? Maybe it's loading from the wrong place?

Another possability (more likely actually):

I know there's a "fail-safe" in the original Titan kernel that causes it to not load the "default" settings if you reboot the device in quick succession, or if the "last boot reason" flag is watchdog. I think that's still in. Maybe that triggered, and it was "stuttery and slow" because it was using the old default kernel rates? (600 / std voltage?)

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Does this use a bootloader? I know it changes which it boots based on the slider being open. But how does it determine where the target kernel is? Maybe it's loading from the wrong place?

Another possability (more likely actually):

I know there's a "fail-safe" in the original Titan kernel that causes it to not load the "default" settings if you reboot the device in quick succession, or if the "last boot reason" flag is watchdog. I think that's still in. Maybe that triggered, and it was "stuttery and slow" because it was using the old default kernel rates? (600 / std voltage?)
I don't know. Backupmenu depends on bootmenu, which basically interupts the normal Maemo boot process. At the point it interrupts it, the kernel's been loaded already(from the kernel partition on NAND) and the rootfs has been mounted.
As far as default settings... could be. But I don't have any problem with it usually, and the few times I get the PK "default settings have been used" message I just run the kernel-config load *profile* and am back in business.

Yea, yeah, yea. I need to go ahead and do some bugfixes. Eh... shouldn't be too hard, but I'll have to find my maemo extras-devel login password...
OC freqs: 0:22,90 125:22,90 250:28,180 500:30,360 550:32,400 600:34,430 700:39,430 750:41,430 805:45,430 850:47,500 900:50,500 950:54,500 1000:58,500 1100:67,520 1150:71,520

Last edited by RobbieThe1st; 2011-09-09 at 04:46.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
Sorry, but my english is wrong.

I tried restore my backup wittth backupmenu (RootFS and OptFS).
Occurred without an error.
After My N900 not possible pwer on or charging.
Always loop reboot.

What can I do?

Originally Posted by gyu_ma View Post
Sorry, but my english is wrong.

I tried restore my backup wittth backupmenu (RootFS and OptFS).
Occurred without an error.
After My N900 not possible pwer on or charging.
Always loop reboot.

What can I do?
You could start by giving us more info, but, chances are that what you restored with BackupMenu depends upon something that was updated by flashing - kernel-power, for instance.

So, your backup should work if you restore it AFTER you've made sure you have the same kernel and software. You'll probably need to flash your way out of the reboot loop, install whatever was missing, and redo the restore from Backupmenu. I recently wrote up that process in another thread, which may be helpful at this point.

The Following User Says Thank You to magick777 For This Useful Post:
I got strange issues with backupmenu root console, lately. when I enable it, I see everything correctly and I'm able to type 'root' as login, but as soon as i hit enter, I'm throw back to backupmenu (just like after exiting with exit - I see half-backupmenu + console output of keys pressed). I can try again (or use other backupmenu options), but it doesn't help. 100% reproduceable, on kp48 and kernel-bfs7
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system