Notices

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
Originally Posted by jendkers View Post
thanks for help, I uploaded fixed version, now try it
It works thanks

it's a great app , I like it

waiting new updates

I have this problem when installing what I have to do?

Nokia-N900:~# apt-get purge
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
maepygallery-qml: Depends: qt-components-10 but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
Nokia-N900:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
qt-components-10
The following NEW packages will be installed:
qt-components-10
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 33 not upgraded.
4 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/1004kB of archives.
After this operation, 4887kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
(Reading database ... 96638 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking qt-components-10 (from .../qt-components-10_1.0-pre1-3+0m6_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/qt-components-10_1.0-pre1-3+0m6_armel.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/qt4/imports/Qt/labs/components', which is also in package qt-components
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/qt-components-10_1.0-pre1-3+0m6_armel.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
ok, finally got it working..points in favour..really fast loading pics...in everything else is worst than the previous version, its buggy, lacks basic features..dissapointed..tks for keep on developping for maemo though..and the non qml version, are you going to stop develloping that?wish you werent..

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Poland
Hej chillout, this is beta version, first release. Today i fixed most of bugs, and added some options. New update will be soon ! You will like it.

@Guilledoc
Why you don't use Fast Application Manager ? did you install MaePyGalleryQML with it ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post:
thats exactly what I did and it couldn't resolve this dependencies so trying to resolve it I've got that result.
I remember this happening allready with qt-components-10 before.
Wath should I do?

hmm it says "trying to overwrite ...components" that means you have qt-components ( I have looked in this dir and there are qml files ) but maemo is still trying to install qt-components, so try apt-get autoremove or manually remove components dir, but I don't know what can happen after that.

The Following User Says Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post:
jendkers, don't waste attention for ed_boner, he is much like "I demand!" type, without contributing anything from his side.

Keep Your good work - it's really impressive project, considering Your (lack of) coding background. Personally, I'm holding my thumbs for it.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
fortunately jendkers already know me so i will not explain once again my full support and tat he can count with my full cooperation in the area that i know about that is ui design and usage..anyone else criticising my behaviour or whatever..being himself an arrogant bastard..can go **** himself..really..tired of dealing with arrogance from tecnitians who believe they know it all and are just horrible human beings full of ********.
in other words.keep on the great work, and estel once and for all suck my balls.

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-04-30 at 22:35.

To take this back to discussing MaePyGallery:
The newest version works very well for me. Some things I noticed:
(Sorry for being so elaborate jendkers )

The loading time of the app is way too long. Could you optimize that a little?

I still get asked to navigate to a directory on start. Couldn't you just load the last directory automatically? And also remember any options like caching?

The up and down buttons overlap with the first row of images. Maybe you could introduce an empty ~20 pixel gap above the first row of images.

When viewing an image we only get to see "loading". Is it possible to quickly load a preview first? It would be awesome if we could even zoom into the preview already so that the original picture is immediately zoomed to the right spot once it is fully loaded.

While viewing an image, back and forward buttons would be nice so that we don't have to go back to thumbnail view and choose the next image.

(Also, the cool thumbnail wobble effect is gone when thumbnail caching is switched on)

OK, having said all this I also have to say that MPG (QML) replaced my desktop shortcut of the standard image viewer!
The interface handles very smooth and I like the no-clutter look. Zooming is very smooth and fast as well and it is well done with the side bar
Could you also program a "directory based audio player", so that I can un-install that damned tracker?! No seriously, despite all my picky comments: MPG is awesome and a great addition to the N900!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daniel_m For This Useful Post:
It's very nice to see good words about MPGQ
To your suggestions:
I will try to optimize time of loading, but QML apps are loading long (cuteTube-QML for example), I have idea to make this app running in background (prestarted) like maemo image-viewer, but for now I don't know how to code it ( I have to learn more about DBUS and osso ).

Next one. It's asking for directory because you don't have images in /home/user/MyDocs/DCIM why ? but I want to make saving options after close.

Next one. I don't like this buttonbar with up and down, I have idea how to remove it. Double tap on the upper half of screen takes you to beggining, double tap on the bottom half of screen takes you to the end of grid hmm ?

Next one. It is possible to quickly load preview first and load larger image after zooming it. It's matter of time and learn more about QML ( i have started month ago )

Next one. Back and Forward will be done with draging previewed (not zoomed) image up and down. Drag down will give you previous one, and up next one. I think it will be ok.

Wobble effect is gone because thumbnails are not loading after scrolling ( I thinked that people will not like this wobble effect :d )

BTW yesterday I uploaded new version, it is in devel.

So everything will be coded but I need time, for learning qml and javascript, bad news is that i got sick, probably Tonsilitis :/ if I will feel good enough I will code new features. Stay tuned and thanks for feedback.

My question is: do you see "MaePyGalleryQML Loading" splash screen after starting app ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post: