Active Topics

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Seams to have worked this far.
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. Med ensamrätt.

d:\N9 flash\Flasher>flasher -i
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct  6 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1602
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339
Success

d:\N9 flash\Flasher>flasher -f -F main.bin

Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1602
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.339.2_PR_339
Sending ape-algo image (7103 kB)...
100% (7103 of 7103 kB, avg. 20953 kB/s)
Suitable USB interface (phonet) not found, waiting...
ERROR: CreateFile, error = 5
Ping attempt 1 (250 ms)
Server application: 1.7.2
Found product RM-696 rev. 1602
Server implements softupd protocol version 1.8
Image SW version DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.480.04.1_PR_480
Image moslo not present
Image mmc not present
Image tar skipped
Image config skipped

Battery level 72 %, continuing.

image        [state    progress         transfer     flash speed]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[x] cert-sw      [finished   100 %       1 /       1 kB      NA     ]
[x] cmt-2nd      [finished   100 %      95 /      95 kB      NA     ]
[x] cmt-algo     [finished   100 %     789 /     789 kB      NA     ]
[x] cmt-mcusw    [finished   100 %    6050 /    6050 kB    2977 kB/s]
[x] xloader      [finished   100 %      23 /      23 kB      NA     ]
[x] secondary    [finished   100 %      94 /      94 kB      NA     ]
[x] kernel       [finished   100 %    2714 /    2714 kB    3333 kB/s]
[x] rootfs       [finished   100 % 1170393 / 1170393 kB    9491 kB/s]
Updating SW release
Success

d:\N9 flash\Flasher>flasher -R

Ping attempt 1 (250 ms)
Server application: 1.7.2
Found product RM-696 rev. 1602
Server implements softupd protocol version 1.8
Success

d:\N9 flash\Flasher>
First notable difference... It started out asking for my information in english, but switched to swedish before i could even touch the phone. Also had "Bern" as timezone, rather then "Stockholm". I can deal with this, i feel like.Hardly a shocker, but, the first thing i did, was install "N9 RepoMirror 0.7.2", and "Warehouse 0.1.9" and pretty much instantly got the notification that i had updates to download, and install. Which, also, worked. The next step, developermode. That is what started all this. Worked. And, this time i'm installing pretty much all of it. While it works, so to speak.
But i can already tell that the "as of late" issues i had that made me think the battery was dying, has gone away with the flashing. It no longer says i should be charging for 1440 minutes for a full charge, regardless of what charge the battery is at..

Now i just have to figure out how to use the power-stuff, to check up on how bad my battery actually is.

Anyway... aspergerguy... You... freaking rock. I for sure wouldn't have done this without your input.

So far, the only real loss from resetting, flashing, and whatnot, seams to have been rocket. I cant get it authorized for what ever reason. Going to remove it from Twitters list of approved apps, and try again, but if that doesn't do it, i have no clue. Will "report it" in the thread on rocket, and have little hope it will be sorted at that point. Still. 6 year old phone. Who ever thought that when i bought this thing...
B!

Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
But i can already tell that the "as of late" issues i had that made me think the battery was dying, has gone away with the flashing. It no longer says i should be charging for 1440 minutes for a full charge, regardless of what charge the battery is at.
Guess i spoke to soon. It's back.
Not sure what to make of it.
Oh well. I'll have to look in to it as a different issue then. Might be time for a new battery, or it's just time to retire the phone altogether. They did re-release the Nokia 3310, so we can have a ultra rugged, easy to replace the battery on, user-friendly phone.
Oh right. That was a joke.

B!

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
My PC (Win8) has all Nokia drivers already installed so may be problems with new installs.

Another little known fact if you can find Nokia PC Suite v7.1.30.9 this will read "Contacts" & "Messages" upon N9, but you must ignore all prompts to update application.
Speaking of this... If i don't install PC suite, i can connect the phone as a mass storage device. This works just fine. If i install PC suite, nothing works. If i connect the phone, regardless of mode, it shows up in computer settings/devices/connected devices but right under it, it says "driver error".

Reinstalled windows a few days ago, so i guess i had something carry over when i upgraded to Windows 10, since it was working before, but quit working on a clean install.
Gave up, left it over night.

Woke up, and decided to try the older Nokia 5800. Works just fine. Had to reconnect it once for it to show names rather then phone numbers in the SMS section, but other then that... After this, i just had to try the N9 again... And now it connects, PC suite detects it, but it wont do anything with the messages.
"Loading messages 0%" for a couple of minutes, and when it doesn't progress the program seams to give up, and reports the inbox as empty.

Contacts, it will read. but if i wait, the message "refreshing of contacts failed" and the list goes empty. 132 contacts, and if i click on anyone as soon as the list loads, it will open just fine. A dew with picture (shows up nicely) and a bunch with more then one phone number, and other contact information. It all works, but, i cant edit anything, since the list blanks out with the error.

Any one have any idea what is going on here? Tried different USB ports but it doesn't seam to make any difference.

At first i was tempted to call out the connectivity driver as responsible, or the PC connectivity solution, but that seams to have gone out the window at this point...
Now it's just... weird.
B!

Edit
I realize the post is somewhat messy. I sort of started writing it yesturday, went to sleep on it, and continued when i woke up. What happened during the night... no idea.
/Edit

Even weirder with Nokia Suite 3.8.54 on Windows 10 netbook, upon waiting about 15 minutes for device install with Microsoft after connecting in Sync & Connect mode N9 visible under Nokia Suite and can sync "Messages" as here:

waaaait.... Nokia 3.8.54 works with N9?
Weird, cool. Stupid long wait for it to install the drivers, but if it works after that...
B!

waaaait.... Nokia 3.8.54 works with N9?
Weird, cool. Stupid long wait for it to install the drivers, but if it works after that
On an old Nokia Booklet 3G too short of RAM really to run Windows 10 (has 256GB SSD which helps) and can't be sure whether as you say some setting carried over from previous Windows 7 installation. Sometime I may get around to carrying out new installation of Nokia Suite and possibly PC Suite under Windows 10 on another PC and see if works out of box or you have to use compatibility mode for PC Suite. For the number of people it would benefit though, it doesn't really seem to be worth the hassle!

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2017-05-08 at 19:30. Reason: Addition

Clean install a week -10 days ago, but i have installed PC Suite, Nokia Suite installed just fine, detected the phone, and treats it just fine. It is slow to sync, but works, doesn't show contact names, and, i cant figure out how to sort messages by number (or even better, contact) but it has a working conversation log, which is nice.

Edit
Ok, so my weird experiences continue. After installing Nokia Suite, PC Suite works, is blazing fast, all as i wanted it to be from the get go.
New driver?
/Edit

Second Edit
Actually.. Something is still weird. It will only let me see conversations that have been active in the last few days. Not entirely certain if the conversation with a few MMS in them breaks the software and it stops looking past that, but it contains older, non MMS messages in that conversation.
Even weirder... PC Suite shows the exact same messages, and also nothing older.
Never had that happen before. Persists over reboots of both the PC, and the phone.
/Edit

Last edited by Mr B; 2017-05-08 at 23:03.

Something is still weird. It will only let me see conversations that have been active in the last few days. Not entirely certain if the conversation with a few MMS in them breaks the software and it stops looking past that, but it contains older, non MMS messages in that conversation.
You are right about the MMS which I never deal with, as I am sure that I saw a prompt when syncing about that it couldn't handle MMS; it didn't say however that MMS would muck up SMS conversation(s)!

It just says it wont handle MMS, and PC suite doesn't either, but it used to list everything else. Now i have a few MMS older then that MMS in that conversation, and then everything else is just... not there as far as the software is concerned. It's in the phone, so that works.

Sent a test SMS to the phone, it showed up. Deleted the MMS.
Nokia Suite = No change.
PC Suite = Reads one SMS more from the same number i sent the test message from.

At this point. No idea. Will uninstall one, and see if there is some sort of conflict scenario, by fiddling back and forth.
Anyway, seams to handle "new" messages as intended, which is nice.