Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
I'm hearing there may be a vote of no confidence for Elop coming very shortly.. interesting times
If true, then I hope that they have a contingency plan in place.

If anything, Elop got paid over 6 million dollars to do that to a company. Great.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
If true, then I hope that they have a contingency plan in place.

If anything, Elop got paid over 6 million dollars to do that to a company. Great.
and then what? Nokia must continue with WP. Their commitment to MS is not tied up with Elop. Symbian is dead, maemo is dead. Meltemi is just a dream with no ecosystem. Android?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by specc View Post
and then what? Nokia must continue with WP. Their commitment to MS is not tied up with Elop. Symbian is dead, maemo is dead. Meltemi is just a dream with no ecosystem. Android?
Then what? That's something I'd love to hear to be honest.

Their commitment to WP7/WP8 shouldn't be all-in as it currently is. Maemo... they'd have to start rehiring everybody. And if I were those engineers, I wouldn't come back to Nokia unless ownership was given to them in this project.

Nokia has crossed the tipping point, in my humble opinion. So what they do next... they need to make it clear, announce soon, deliver sooner, start with their homebase of Finland and get the people involved, get things moving forward and forget impressing North American carriers and customers. This is not the area where they will sell the most. Asia then Europe then Africa... they need to stay strong in those areas first - or strengthen.

Media deals - why hasn't any handset maker partnered with Pandora or Spotify to the point of inclusion at time of sale yet? Just a thought - they've already handled the licensing, partner with them for online and offline as well as social music sharing. The framework is already there.

Harmattan - move it downstream a bit in terms of price (sorry, but it's not an expensive phone Nokia needs around that OS), release in more markets.

Dunno what's next. I'm just a customer. I can what-if with the best of them, but doubtful I'm close enough to the problem or solution to be taken seriously.

Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
I'm hearing there may be a vote of no confidence for Elop coming very shortly.. interesting times
May i ask where you heard that from?

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Please don't answer that. Lets just wait and see and hope.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Please don't answer that. Lets just wait and see and hope.
and what is your tag? Something about not knowing is worse than not wanting to know?

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
and what is your tag? Something about not knowing is worse than not wanting to know?
I want to know, but I rather others didn't know. If you know what I mean.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by specc View Post
To continue with Elop's WP7 strategy leads to certain death. No if's and but's but a confirmed hole in the ground. There is no way that Lumia can turn the tide for Nokia. The U.S. market cannot save Nokia while the rest of the world is indifferent to Lumia. Throwing Lumia 900 at a loss doesn't help.

If a path leads to certain death isn't trying anything else better?

I really appreciated Tomi's article for revealing some of the numbers and history that is too soon forgotten or was hidden from view from the beginning. The Elop Effect was noticed by many of us on this forum before it had that snazzy title.

Most of us predicted that Elop's all-in bet on M$ was foolish, given the relatively tiny marketshare commanded by Nokia's 'partner'. You don't see any profitable OEM's positioning themselves with M$ like Elop did with Nokia. Probably they are focused on increasing the number of shipped units, not just being a trojan horse.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
Through work. I'm a bankruptcy analyst. The company i work for investigates rumours and gathers as much information as possible before making credit reports.

One option they have is to split the company up and apply for Ch.11 bankruptcy protection in the US which they can use to reorganize from top to bottom while protecting assets.

When any senior executive for a large company is "on the ropes", the company I work for flag it immediately. One Chairman is already leaving which was reported already but the CEO position is being looked into so there's definitely more to it than just rumour.

Tags
blame game, elop the m0ron, goodbyenokia, lumiatard, mistertard, the nokia bash, what's next