Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Not for now. The Facebook bits for the n900 are old, old Nokia programs that don't have source code available and therefore aren't really fixable. It's looking grim.

Theoretically someone could write a new Facebook sharing plugin from scratch, that's what *can* be done, but I don't know anyone who would want to do that.

I've started to use Facebook's mobile photo uploader web page (http://m.facebook.com/photos/upload/...ource=composer) and it really isn't an ideal solution, but it'll do for me.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
if sharing plugin is using https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...b5add8cd02fef: I guess something can be done

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
First time poster, just got an n900 a little while ago. The first big thing I noticed was connectivity to Facebook was a problem - most of the third-party apps aren't maintained enough to be reliable. And the mobile browser solution kind of sucks.

So I started poking around at baseline for a solution.. and I remembered the awesomeness that is FBCMD - it's a command-line interpreter that uses php to access FB. I've used it on other debian platforms recently and I know it will successfully communicate with the platform, but I'm all kinds of new to maemo development (read: can't get php5 to work properly and most likely have to reflash my device because of my own mistakes).

Anyhow, just wanted to toss in my $.02 as a way to start getting around FB's whimsical API changes. If I learn a bit about developing software, maybe we could hack together a new app for it.

Cheers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enron_hubbard For This Useful Post:
i just had to change the password... now everything is broken. No idea how to fix fb on n900... whatever i do i always get incorrect username and password.
Must be some kind of first time validation error.. if you could only do it manually somehow.

Hermes had a similar issue
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=22

edit:
there might be a problem in this file... and freemangordon did some magic there... hope he will take a look again
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...ookcommon.c#L6

Last edited by shubell; 2014-07-08 at 20:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to shubell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shubell View Post
i just had to change the password... now everything is broken. No idea how to fix fb on n900... whatever i do i always get incorrect username and password.
Must be some kind of first time validation error.. if you could only do it manually somehow.

Hermes had a similar issue
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=22

edit:
there might be a problem in this file... and freemangordon did some magic there... hope he will take a look again
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...ookcommon.c#L6
there is a problem in stock libxml2, make sure you have CSSU installed (which contains fixed libxml2 library).

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
if i am not mistaken facebook deprecated the session_key based authentification. (well you can't obtain new keys old still work) So the whole app would need to be rewritten to tokens...

edit: btw does anyone know if you somehow could obtain the old values for

"/apps/maemo/facebook/secret_key"
"/apps/maemo/facebook/session_key"
"/apps/maemo/facebook/uid"
"/apps/maemo/facebook/email"

and change the password back as it was... would this work or do the sessions expire...

Last edited by shubell; 2014-07-08 at 22:45.

@shubell - may I have the output of:

Code:
dpkg -l | grep libxml2

Community SSU developer

Code:
ii  libxml2                                             2.8.0+dfsg1-7maemo0+0cssu1+thumb0          GNOME XML library

Originally Posted by shubell View Post
Code:
ii  libxml2                                             2.8.0+dfsg1-7maemo0+0cssu1+thumb0          GNOME XML library
Ok, so it is really broken . I might look into it, is changing your fb password the only prerequisite to break it?

Community SSU developer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
everything breaks it that requires you to validate your device/account with fb

yes changing pass breaks it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shubell For This Useful Post: