Poll: Will keep it until . . .
Poll Options
Will keep it until . . .

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Chennai, India
Mine stopped working and I am even buying an used one now

The Following User Says Thank You to manojkumaru For This Useful Post:
this is the only phone i have used for almost 3 years. all my other phones only marry me for 2 years or less.

i bought a spare unit and i that is in cold storage until the current unit dies.

i have a htc 8x. while i see the market for that and understand its appeal, i am not the correct target user for it. so the 8x sits on a table in a box brand new unused (ok, i gave it to my girl to use as of yesterday).

long live the n900!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The thing with the n900 that is perhaps most over-looked is its versatility depending on the user. The N9 is my daily driver but the N900 with thumb is my definite second sim device leaving all my other devices collecting dust. Yes some of the devices are faster in terms of appearance but the only true versatile device is the n900. I call it my TANK

I can use the N900 as a portable media player with fm transmitter or a more flexible device to learn scripts on the go... Oh also it has a WiFi chip that beats the range of my laptop too hence even in those tight corners at home my laptop is unable to get a signal, the N900 never fails me. The possibilities are truly amazing; you think something is not possible on the N900 search for it and to your amazement its doable

Keeping it till it dies here (hope it never does though)...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-26 at 05:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Did anyone here *NOT* file down their micro USB connectors? That means your charger, data cable, any other accessories that connect to the N900.

I did mine when I got my N900, which is 2 1/2 years ago now. The USB port is still rock-solid and I charge the phone almost every day. It's the best thing short of opening your N900 and securing the port that you can do.

Okay, don't file off TOO much of the connectors obviously! Just go around the outside of the parallelogram with a fine metal file.

File top, bottom, left and right.

Code:
     _______
    /_______\
      '   '
I took off the two little shark's teeth entirely, as they are the main thing that puts stress on the port and weakens its bond to the mainboard.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
File top, bottom, left and right.

Code:
     _______
    /_______\
      '   '
I took off the two little shark's teeth entirely, as they are the main thing that puts stress on the port and weakens its bond to the mainboard.
Yes remove the two holding pins with a small file.
But theres really no need to file round the plug.
All this will do is rough the edges up a bit and make the plug wobbly in the socket.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Tags
buysomethinelse, trailing edge