Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Say what you will about the pitfalls of the debated N900, but I just had a cool "Nokia" moment: sitting in the bar in San Diego Sheraton with a Skype video call to Taiwan so I can wave good morning to my 15mo-old girl. Cheesy, yes, but the slogan "Connecting People" actually worked.

You may continue with your scheduled programming.

edit: you may share your rainbows-n-unicorns "Nokia" moment.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Last edited by frostbyte; 2011-01-17 at 02:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Nice work! I had a great "Connecting People" moment recently with my (beloved) N900 - Skyping from New York to London, and then a stranger said to me, "oh, is that the new iphone?" haha. What happened next was THOROUGHLY enjoyable!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
i got my mom and dad one so i can talk to them from tbe U.S to Central America !

The Following User Says Thank You to danx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
im crying right now as i read this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ddiscodave For This Useful Post:
i had some skype calls from germany to india, via 3g. (in my car/at the supermarket[...])

hell yeah!

got a ride from a new friend the other day in his beater. the radio reception was terrible for normal stations, but picked up the signal just fine from my n900, so we could cruise with some tunes,

i always talk to my family using skype calls and video calls from united arab emirates to egypt perfect voice

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Everyday I hammer out IM's with people on Facebook who are usually the type I don't much talk to. So its a bit easier to keep in touch w/ everyone. I'm a lazy bastard and don't want to fiddle and fart about to get my phone in a wifi and use Skype. :c

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/