Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
This app is awesome!

But.. who uses notes while driving? O_O or maybe it's just me.. I'm not very skilled at it xD

I'm assuming the phone is gonna be fixed in a mobile phone holder while using this app.. so yeah.. notes and camera seem a bit.. well, at least we can change them.

keep up the Vesuri work!

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
But.. who uses notes while driving? O_O or maybe it's just me.. I'm not very skilled at it xD

I'm assuming the phone is gonna be fixed in a mobile phone holder while using this app.. so yeah.. notes and camera seem a bit.. well, at least we can change them.
While I was driving around Europe this summer I often stopped somewhere, detached the phone from the holder and took some photos with it, then went back to the car and continued navigating. Also, I used Notes to write some notes and instructions beforehand and then quickly checked them along the way - stuff that didn't quite fit in Drive and its Favourites. Thus, my choices were not only "things I use inside the car" but also "things I use during a car trip". I do understand everyone may have completely different needs and I'll come up with a GUI to easily change them.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Version 0.1.3 has been sent to Store QA. No settings UI or bluetooth enabling yet, but those will come in the next version. This version includes the following changes:
  • Disable global orientation lock of Home Screen Settings while running
  • Disable display blanking while running
  • Show only a Music player icon when Music is not running to prevent accidentally starting Music
  • Improved music player control icons
  • Load application icons also from absolute paths

When the music player is not running there's only an icon for it:

The music player will only be started when tapping on the icon, not on the black area. This should prevent the music player from being started accidentally.

When the music player is running but no song is playing, the music player controls are disabled but it's possible to bring the player to front by tapping on the labels:

Again, the music player will only be brought to front if the labels are tapped. Tapping on the controls or the black area does nothing.

Finally, the music player control icons have been reworked:

There's also a bit more spacing between them.

Last edited by Vesuri; 2012-09-23 at 12:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
This is looking really good

The Following User Says Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
great - looking forward to it.
I fiddled around more with the missing Icons for contactlaunch... could not make the icons work, just the red placeholders disappear entirely, but it was only a rough try. ContactLaunch definitely puts its quickdial icons in "/home/user/.contactLaunch/" and the .desktop file is in "/home/user/.local/share/applications". The desktop file resolves the icon location fine, but in car home screen does not - copying the icons to /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons and editing the .desktop entry to match seems not to work... happy to test something in this area if you need...

The Following User Says Thank You to PhatApteryx For This Useful Post:
Looking forward to the update! Thanks dude

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PhatApteryx View Post
The desktop file resolves the icon location fine, but in car home screen does not - copying the icons to /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/icons and editing the .desktop entry to match seems not to work...
I just fixed this in version 0.1.3 and submitted it to QA. Icons in absolute paths didn't work but will work now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
I just fixed this in version 0.1.3 and submitted it to QA. Icons in absolute paths didn't work but will work now.
Fantastic - will give that a try as soon as it turns up! IMHO, the contactlaunch direct dial shortcuts are perfect for this application.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Yup, you're right. To each his own. But.. you're awesome for working on it

*thumbs up*

The sad thing is that Nokia put 80x80 png versions of the icons. Do you want me to recreate them exactly that way in 256x256 dimension? It would look awesome in a larger size then.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
The sad thing is that Nokia put 80x80 png versions of the icons. Do you want me to recreate them exactly that way in 256x256 dimension? It would look awesome in a larger size then.
Nah, that wouldn't solve the problem for all apps. One way to do this was suggested in post 28 but let's see what the best solution turns out to be That solution actually looks promising but the buttons need to be made darker to match Harmattan's black window style.