Notices

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by teemui View Post
So you want to uninstall wl1 kernel or everything else? What exactly is the problem you have? Can you be more specific so i can try to help, im noob myself but ill help when ever i can.
There is no actual problem. It's just i've played with this stuff enough. Now i want to uninstall fAircrack (yes, the UI) and all aircrack-ng stuff and what follows it, such as aireplay and so on. And also i want my kernel to be back power42, that's the one i had before installation. Is there a way to uninstall all of it safely without need of reflash and reinstallation of kernel-power. I am not that noob not to understand how to delete deb files. So i can dpkg -r all of those were in a aircrack folder and also remove the faircrack from HAM. But i dunno the way to remove the wl1 kernel, so it would get back to power one. Hope i made myself clear, so You could help me?...

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
@ Alfred fist go to the application manager and you can delete aircrack,john the ripper, then just delete the FAS folder from your MyDocs folder...now I'm not sure for the kernel but I think you will need to go back to the original one the just reflash the power42 one..hope this helps some..

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageBrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by sykesvr6 View Post
i have installed faircrack when i try to open it up it starts as if its guna come on but just goes back to desktop any help please
As far as i know,you may need to install pyqt4 full install from the repository.
cheers.

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
hello all
1.How can i detect the ssid of a hidden network
2.from my laptop i can see the hidden network.then it asks me the ssid.
3.from f aircrack i dont see where that hidden thing is.
4.can i know the mac of hidden ap from airodump-ng wlan0?
regards

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by SavageBrat View Post
@ Alfred fist go to the application manager and you can delete aircrack,john the ripper, then just delete the FAS folder from your MyDocs folder...now I'm not sure for the kernel but I think you will need to go back to the original one the just reflash the power42 one..hope this helps some..
Tnx, so i deleted aircrack-ng 1.1, the one we had to update to, then John The Ripper, macchanger, qwassr (well, it's not related to aircrack, but i don't like it anyway), but an icon of fAircrack didn't disappear, any help?

Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
I noticed this on some WPA networks. Did you enable the Injection drivers?
Ummmm I think I forgot to enable the injection drivers, I thought if there would be no injection then why enable it, my bad .
So I should enable the injection drivers + monitor mode in order to receive the handshake?

Thanks a lot for the help

Originally Posted by udaychaitanya16 View Post
hello all
1.How can i detect the ssid of a hidden network
2.from my laptop i can see the hidden network.then it asks me the ssid.
3.from f aircrack i dont see where that hidden thing is.
4.can i know the mac of hidden ap from airodump-ng wlan0?
regards
I'm not sure if it would work this way cos I never had tried it with hidden SSID's but still u can try

$ sudo iwlist wlan0 scan

It will list all networks with all the details, U can check if it displays the mac address of hidden network, worth a try.

If it says can't scan- network down or something like that, maybe you would like to run " $ sudo ifconfig wlan0 up"

and then run the command " $ sudo iwlist wlan0 scan "

The Following User Says Thank You to PathFinder@9GS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
@ Alfred,,, use filebox or winscp and go to the following directories..and remove

faircrack.desktop... /usr/share/applications/hildon/
faircrack.png.. /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageBrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
@ Alfred: Sorry im a bit late, but i see you have had help allready...
you need to flash the power42 kernel back if that is what you want to use, but im not right guy to explain how to do that (it would definitely brick your n900)

The Following User Says Thank You to teemui For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
There is no actual problem. It's just i've played with this stuff enough. Now i want to uninstall fAircrack (yes, the UI) and all aircrack-ng stuff and what follows it, such as aireplay and so on. And also i want my kernel to be back power42, that's the one i had before installation. Is there a way to uninstall all of it safely without need of reflash and reinstallation of kernel-power. I am not that noob not to understand how to delete deb files. So i can dpkg -r all of those were in a aircrack folder and also remove the faircrack from HAM. But i dunno the way to remove the wl1 kernel, so it would get back to power one. Hope i made myself clear, so You could help me?...
why do you want to use kernel power42 back anyway????
is it kernel power46 is better than kernel power42???
beside much of the latest apps/tweaks need you to run with kernel power46 on your n900 but why u wanna go back to kernel power42???

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, epicfacepalm, pen testing, rtfm dude!