Hello,

I have a 256mb MMC card in my 770 at the moment and Nero BackItUp if that helps.

I am currently running OS2006 from the 770 Flash or what ever it uses for the OS when you use the Nokia updater on Windows.

Is there any way to back every single thing up (full OS) so that If I don't like 2007HE or something I can just restore the full backup and all my programs etc.. will still be there?

I have searched but only found how to backup the MMC Card fully.

Thanks for the help!!
Tom

There are threads explaining how to copy the system to the mmc card and boot from it. You can set up dualboot (but it never worked for me...).
Fanoush has a kernel patch that makes your 770 to handle the mmc much faster (3.5 times faster).
I recommend you to patch your kernel and than copy the system to the mmc. Than set the device to boot from mmc (via the Linux flasher utility). If you do this the 770 will start from the mmc, but if you remove the card it will boot from the internal flash. So you can have your 2006 on the card and the 2007HE on the flash.

He's asking how to copy the whole system, not how to put it on MMC.
I run off a 2GB MMC card and I would also like to know how to copy the whole MMC using OSX to back it up for quick/easy reinstalls.

I think I found my solution in the UNIX DD command.

Last edited by DJTim; 2007-11-16 at 20:55.

As root: make a mount point for the root filesystem
Code:
mkdir /floppy
mount the root filesystem
Code:
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock4 /floppy
tar the filesystem to the mmc card
Code:
targnu cvf /media/mmc1/backup.tar -C /floppy .
then unmount
Code:
umount /floppy
That should work. similar for restoring.

Last edited by bokubob; 2007-11-17 at 08:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to bokubob For This Useful Post: