Notices

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ France, St Martin
i got a problem when i disable the ALS the brightness 1 bar is so dim and when i go to 5 bar is still dim, maybe 10% brighter then brightness 1 bar

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by augustthe View Post
i got a problem when i disable the ALS the brightness 1 bar is so dim and when i go to 5 bar is still dim, maybe 10% brighter then brightness 1 bar
what did you do then?, did you just remove the ALS from mce?
did you use the sed command or did you use my custom brightness?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russian Federation
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
OK, the opposite of whats been requested before, did you use my mod or the simple fix i stumbled on later in the progress?

But i have not looked into the keypad much
Prior to the application:

root or gainroot
sed-ie 's / brightness-als / brightness-simple /' / etc / mce / mce.ini

The keyboard backlight lights in the floor of force. Now it shines very brightly.
Maybe there is an option backlit keyboard?

Code:
sed -ie 's/brightness-als/brightness-simple/' /etc/mce/mce.ini
no spaces, check your mce.ini and verify that there is a brightness als or simple, it's in modules in the first lines of mce.ini

what did you do then?, did you just remove the ALS from mce?
did you use the sed command or did you use my custom brightness?
i did what you say in the frist post i remove the custom brightness and reboot then x terminal then the command to disable ALS

i did what you say in the frist post i remove the custom brightness and reboot then x terminal then the command to disable ALS
so you have been using my custom brightness, well this changes things.

Look in you etc/mce/mce.ini if you have not made any changes and want the simple brightness (no als) then the Modules should look like this:

Code:
Modules=display;keypad;vibrator;led;battery;filter-brightness-simple;inactivity;alarm;accelerometer;callstate;camera;homekey;audiorouting
if you are missing the filter-brightness-simple, then add it in there, my old custom brightness worked with the filter-brightness-(als or simple) removed, so this is probably what you are missing now.

so you have been using my custom brightness, well this changes things.

Look in you etc/mce/mce.ini if you have not made any changes and want the simple brightness (no als) then the Modules should look like this:

Code:
Modules=display;keypad;vibrator;led;battery;filter-brightness-simple;inactivity;alarm;accelerometer;callstate;camera;homekey;audiorouting
if you are missing the filter-brightness-simple, then add it in there, my old custom brightness worked with the filter-brightness-(als or simple) removed, so this is probably what you are missing now.
i just edit mce.ini and everything is there so i think is something else and i try to enable the ALS now it not working and brightness is so low almost can't see nothing on the display

i just edit mce.ini and everything is there so i think is something else and i try to enable the ALS now it not working and brightness is so low almost can't see nothing on the display
This sounds very weird, if the filter-brightness-als or simple is in Modules and you have restarted your N900 or killall mce then it should work as normal, look at mce again, remember it has to be small letters and so on, the code i submitted if from my mce.ini

This sounds very weird, if the filter-brightness-als or simple is in Modules and you have restarted your N900 or killall mce then it should work as normal, look at mce again, remember it has to be small letters and so on, the code i submitted if from my mce.ini
thanks dude i find out that ''filter-brightness-simple'' needed a the letter "T" after the ''H''

The Following User Says Thank You to augustthe For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=dr_frost_dk;947958]UPDATE:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just made a catastrophic discovery when trying to find some way of turning the keyboard light off / on.

instead of installing this mod, you can apparently just edit mce.ini and change 'filter-brightness-als' to filter-brightness-simple' under modules=
this enables a simple brightness system, where the light sensor is not in effect and the 5 steps (SYSTEM steps) are spaced good between each other, the values are 51, 102, 153, 204, 255.
So if you really want to get rid of light sensor & get nice colors with the 153 & 204 (step 3 & 4) this is the easiest way to go.

Hiya mate is there any way to customize this 5 step values which are 51, 102, 153, 204, 255 to personalized values with the ALS switched off? And this could be set using the current brightness applet?

The Following User Says Thank You to romiiio For This Useful Post:

Tags
brightness, display, light sensor, screen