Notices

hi!...just a musician here wondering about the possibilities of setting recording levels with this app, or if someone could work on that??! (dreaming?!)....also is there anyway to plug in an external microphone??...i currently use an Archos unit to do mobile recording (recorded to WAV format)...i plug in an external microphone/powered pre-amp setup i have...just thought it'd be cool to do the same with my n800...probably just dreaming, but thought i'd propose my dream!

Thanx!

hi jack,
I am also into music creation, and I also want to use my N800 for some fiddling around. My solution so far is hardware-based:
I cut off the wires of the headset which is deliverd with the N800 (as I could not find this special 4-pole-jack-plug anywhere), tested which wire is the microfon input, soldered two resistors to it, and now I have kind of a LINE input. Problem of course: I do damp down the line to mic levels (in order not to overdrive the N800 input), then its boosted again, so Noise IS a problem...

I would be interested to find out about music applications (TRACKERS) for the N800, if you have any tips..???

cheers, karl.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by jackass124 View Post
..also is there anyway to plug in an external microphone??.
This adaptor should do the trick

I used this program with my 770 to record a concert on Sunday. @ every 30 seconds is a click that I assume is the buffer dumping. I wish for a better resolution for recording and stereo....