Notices

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
The double encryption feature is slightly unclear to me.

With it disabled, my private key and wallet data is encrypted, right? Or is some data NOT encrypted without it?

This sentance (from github) confuses me: "[...] This means even if your phone gets stolen your funds will still be safe!"

Why wouldn't it if I use just one encryption? Is the private key not encrypted?

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Hi hobarrera,

Thx for the issue on the donation button this button was working in the past as i got some donations but not much ...

The wallet is encrypted ... but you can store the password in the setting file to not enter it each time you launch BitPurse, so here come the double encryption feature, which encrypt the private key so you can view transaction on your public key, but you can't spend bitcoin without that second password.

I hope i explain the things well

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
I can't made a conection between BitPurse and Blockchain.info.. because "error de-serializacion token" imposible get in to my wallet. someone have a solution about it? please share it

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Do you have a TODO/whish list? I can list some feature request and remarks, ...
  • Entering identifiers and bitcoin addresses is *very* tedious. Using a QR-app like CodeCam helps, but it still is not too practical. Is it possible to register BP as a bitcoin: protocol handler and/or use QR codes and/or NFC directly from BP
I need to second that. Badly needed.

There are a few stores in town that accept bitcoin and usually they show you a QR code with their payment address. Trying to manually enter a long string of "gibberish" is unfeasible, esp. when there are people waiting behind me at the checkout.

I can try to scan it with MeeScan, but that app doesn't recognize the bitcoin: url scheme so it's not showing a clickable link. Since that app was made by Nokia and Nokia is out of the cell phone business, that's not going to change anymore.

So now I have to copy/paste. But BitPurse doesn't recognize the bitcoin: url scheme either. Not on its Send screen, nor to import watch addresses. So I have to copy from Meescan, paste to Notes, cut out the actual address and the amount and label and paste them one by one into BitPurse. Almost as tedious as typing by hand.

Isn't the main point of having a mobile wallet on my phone to be able to make quick payments on the go? The lack of QR or NFC support (or at the bare minimum a bitcoin: url scheme parser) defeats the purpose of BitPurse for me. Please consider implementing.

Also, it needs more robust error handling. For instance, I tried to send funds with a bitcoin: url in the "Pay to" field and "Amount to pay" left empty. I got: "Invalid literal for Decimal: u" ... Huh??

Then I entered an amount, tried sending from a new empty/undefined address to an invalid (purposely mistyped) address. Got an empty black error box, but no error.

Sending from a new empty/undefined address to a valid address: "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error"

I didn't try to see what happens if I send from a valid and funded address to an invalid address for fear my funds go to a black hole. Esp. when you rely on people manually typing in bitcoin addresses, better error messages are essential.

It's not usable for me in its current form (no QR support), but it's a start. Thanks for the effort!

Last edited by mämo; 2013-12-08 at 09:27.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Hope this isn't too OT.
I would like to try this with Meecolay, I unpacked the .deb into a directory in /opt.
I tried every obvious .py file to run under Meecolay but it looked like I was missing something in my python version or had chosen the wrong file to start.
Anyone running Bitpurse on their N900 with Meecolay?

Tags
bitcoin, blockchain, mywallet