Active Topics

Poll: Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)
Poll Options
Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Hope you dont want to remove the battery....

kimmo: great news! Are you planning on experiment with that next? Having an UART interface on a mobile phone would give new ways to interact with various devices.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by phenoboy View Post
...Are you planning on experiment with that next?...
I did move this UART discussion to its own thread --> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92382

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I know this OLED display is soon getting crowded (as there is already a proximity sensor on the list), but I was wondering about adding a button in some form.
Use case: you have the phone laying on the table screen down/OLED up, you read e.g. the current time, and without lifting the phone you can access some other information on the OLED screen by pushing some button.
Maybe use *two* proximity sensors? If both return 'near' -> turn off OLED, if you cover only one of them you can change info on screen.

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
... button in some form.
I was thinking this too... i was thinking "flashlight button".

Problem here is that button needs somesort gpio expander to get it on the bus.
i think the proximity sensors can be used to detect some easy gestures wave hand over, and it shows something else for 2 sec.

(I noticed that after i changed the oled to white one, it looks now like my N9 and i'm tapping on the backside to wake it up...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
There's also the possibility of using an OLED screen with capacitive digitizer, if such a beast exists

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Btw, how feasible is this thingie?
http://www.adafruit.com/products/1346

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
If there's nothing extra special on the other side of the board then it seems it needs just a handful of discretes, nothing too fancy to build. Could be doable. I guess the shown components then are enough to generate the voltages needed by the display unit.
(I vaguely remember reading somebody state that e-ink dispalys need also negative voltages to operate...)

I opened own thread for eInk OH --> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92408

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
update:

SW Got connected with ofono to get signal about new SMS...

Code:
    static const QString service = "org.ofono";
    static const QString path = "/ril_0";
    static const QString interface = "org.ofono.MessageManager";
    static const QString name = "IncomingMessage";

static QDBusConnection conn = QDBusConnection::systemBus();
    conn.connect(service, path, interface, name, &toholed, SLOT(handleSMS(const QDBusMessage&)));
HW First PCB version ordered. Flex had 6 week deliverytime due coming chinese newyear, so had to go with 0.4mm (hope to get them by end of month)
Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla toh, toholed