Active Topics

Greetings and salutations,

Just bought an N9, and I really like the white on black look of the events home screen, so I'm trying to find a way to get the "normal" apps (email, messaging, twitter, etc.) to also display as white on black.

After searching the interwebs, I've tried the FDB theme (6.1), but for me it's not inverting the text and background colors as I was hoping it would. Instead, I think what I'm looking for is a way to tell the apps to use the inverted theme?

I'm not (yet) a developer, but I have been using Debian as my only OS for the past decade, so I'm quite comfortable poking around the N9's filesystem, but so far I haven't been able to find a way to tell an app to use the inverted theme.

Help, hints, links, or condolences greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Jeff

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
Just a friendly advice, take note that there are some protected files that can not be edited on the N9 or you will have to reflash your device.

i would be quite interested in that aswell (especially for the messaging and mail apps)

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
You need to have access to the application's source code to change it (if the change cannot be done from the application itself).

The needed change in qml would look something like this:
Code:
    Component.onCompleted: {	
        theme.inverted = true
    }

I had actually posted a new thread with a similar topic, I wanted to find a way to invert the colours in the facebook app. But in general an ability to switch theme in all builtin apps would be great too.

Originally Posted by timoph View Post
You need to have access to the application's source code to change it (if the change cannot be done from the application itself).

The needed change in qml would look something like this:
Code:
    Component.onCompleted: {	
        theme.inverted = true
    }
Hmm, that sounds like a dead end then...

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a "custom" stylesheet for each app? My poking at the blanco theme has thus far proven fruitless, nor have I been successful in finding docs regarding how to style apps.

Thanks for all the input so far!