Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Whoa... whoa.

I get what you guys are saying, I don't think you guys understood fully - not anybody's else fault but my own because I wasn't clear at all.

On top of the aforesaid: terminal, root, ssh, git, cap, ftp, et all; it starts to get heavier from there - applications, UI, features, notifications and so forth.

I'm still on the list of folks that want this to happen. B2G has my attention moreso than even Tizen.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
On top of the aforesaid: terminal, root, ssh, git, cap, ftp, et all; it starts to get heavier from there - applications, UI, features, notifications and so forth.
ACK, I hear you. GUIs are hard and it's very very rare that someone gets it even slightly right.

With Boot to Gecko, carriers would have an open operating system, based on an open browser and framework, with a truly open Marketplace. Carriers could create their own Open Web Marketplace and populate it with their own apps, and create their own rules. They could brand the OS and load it up with as much or as little bloatware as they like. With B2G, carriers would once again be in control.

Seeing how manufacturers and carriers went nuts with Android and symbian/ism before this, I can see them having a field day with B2G.

With B2G the whole GUI will be implemented in HTML5/JS, if you don't like the default GUI you should be able to create your own pretty easily.

I like using QooxDoo for webified stuff, it's light on the HTML/CSS and much more focussed on the JS which feels better to someone who's more used to desktop development.

As MINKIN2 rightly said customisation should be easy, but not just for carriers for users too.

The fact B2G is from Mozilla makes it even better, it's nice to have such an ethical player entering the arena.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ok, so what about running this stuff on our N900's, N950's and N9's?
Any progress so far? I remember a video of an N900 running it but I'm not sure about this.