Dan Gentleman (aka Thoughtfix) turns back the time and publishes an article on how all the Internet Tablet craze started. He interviews Ari Jaaksi, yours truly, and a special guest.Â* Check out also his excellent Internet Tablet timeline post. Thanks for reminding us how everything started Dan!
Read the full article.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Just think 3 years ago some of our members were in elementary school. Atleast everyone is older then the tablets. BTW I'm not trying to talk bad about the young guys wish I had a computer like this when I was 12. I had a Radio Shack Tandy 1000.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Thanks. It was great to interview Ari again and fun to get more insight into itT. Talking to a web celeb like Veronica Belmont is always great. The timeline was tedious but - I hope - rewarding to the readers. The REAL fun was the itT user pictures. Thanks to all of you for making a blog like mine possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thoughtfix For This Useful Post:
Wish you'd gotten more pictures... then maybe someone else would have used a camera of similar quality, and I wouldn't have to feel so bad.

It was cool though! And the whole thing was a great write-up, although the timeline was a bit "end-user"-friendly, imho.

woohohooooooo happy bfday!!!!!

Hope you have many , many , many more!

I remember when the 770 came out, there were so many commentators saying stuff like "Well of course Nokia's never going to support them in the long term, it's just a one-off gadget. It'll go nowhere."

Three years later... well, we're somewhere at least. :-)

Three years ago, I was thinking of how cool a Nintendo DS browser would be.

Originally Posted by krisse View Post
I remember when the 770 came out, there were so many commentators saying stuff like "Well of course Nokia's never going to support them in the long term, it's just a one-off gadget. It'll go nowhere."
In a way, those commentators were right. I have a 770 and it's like a one-off, no longer supported in the long term...

Precisely like every other gadget. Honestly, you don't think three years is pretty good? From initial release to the last OS2008HE (which, of course, is custom; specific to the 770, not just letting you use an OS from later devices). Another way to look at it is that the last release for the 770 right about the time its immediate successor has possibly been discontinued (WRT new sales). If they stop releasing N800 firmware the day the N900 is discontinued, I'll think that's respectable...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
In a way, those commentators were right. I have a 770 and it's like a one-off, no longer supported in the long term...
Those comments were meant in a broader sense, ie, platform.