Active Topics

I had a battery drain issue and decided to follow some instructions to try to boot my device. I downloaded the right firmware and flasher and I run "flasher -f -F main.bin" so I had the battery charging. I cancelled on the 10th minute before the flashing would be able to start. Since then I get the nokia logo and the rest you will see on the photo below.
The question is, have I lost my data?

had fasterN9 installed if that has anything to do with my case.
Attached Images

Last edited by pett; 2014-01-24 at 10:06. Reason: adding line

I have tried several times and I have read several post and I am a bit confused. Somehow running ubiboot image I saw my files in ubuntu but I cannot copy - paste rootfs files.
I can flash my phone successfully but does not want to boot. It stays in the nokia logo. Still I haven't tried the -emmc.bin cause I want some of my data if not all.
Question: if I want to save just the data of an app and do a fresh install with -emmc.bin --no-preserve and copy the data of the app, will I be able to rescue data?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
if you flash emmc all your data will be wiped.
in ubuntu start nautilus with root privileges to copy files

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pett View Post
I have tried several times and I have read several post and I am a bit confused. Somehow running ubiboot image I saw my files in ubuntu but I cannot copy - paste rootfs files.
When you have exported your partitions to an external computer, the ownership and permissions is according to the setup of the device, which means that most files are owned by root.
Try to use "sudo" to access them.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
So if I manage to copy rootfs partition and do a fresh flash in my n9 with -emmc --no-preserve and replace the rootfs partition previously copied will the data be saved?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well it depends on what exactly is wrong with the device, if you have corrupted a file and you replace the filesystem with previous image after flashing, you will get the old problems back

Do you know where is the problem, is it on /root/ or /home/ partition?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
i think you have similar problems than i. also battery was down and the put off. after it dont charge and dont boot harmattan. since my n9 is new with new data. flash with preserve option bring back to live harmattan.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
i think you have similar problems than i. also battery was down and the put off. after it dont charge and dont boot harmattan. since my n9 is new with new data. flash with preserve option bring back to live harmattan.
You really dont need to flash on empty battery situations.

You can just use "flasher -i" to get into charging mode, white led breathing for few hours, and then you enter "flasher -R"
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
You really dont need to flash on empty battery situations.

You can just use "flasher -i" to get into charging mode, white led breathing for few hours, and then you enter "flasher -R"
I replaced the speaker which was broken. I haven't messed with the phone but battery was completely empty. I did try to flash so it would charge the battery but never let it flash actually. Since then n9 does not boot though flash is successful. I will try with -emmc since I have the data I want from rootfs.

I run the command
sudo flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --erase-user-data=secure -R
I had successfully flashed but still only nokia logo appears and led blinking while connected. I should guess that I have a hardware problem afterall, no?

Raw data transfer EP found at EP2.
Ping attempt 1 (250 ms)
Server application: 1.7.2
Found product RM-696 rev. 1507
Server implements softupd protocol version 1.8

Battery level 37 %, continuing.
Erasing, this may take a while.
Erase done.
Image SW version DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_005
Image moslo not present
Image tar skipped
Image config skipped