Thanks caco3,

that sounds good.

Thanks again for your awesome work !

donjoe

This is fantastic! I can't believe I've only seen this app just now. Thanks Caco3!

I've been searching for something to do this since I first bought my N900:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43074

I used to use an aXbo which did something similar so will let you know how it compares.

On a related note, I don't suppose you would consider adding functionality to help people actually fall to sleep much like Pzizz does? -calming music/seaside noises or something similar (or a selected mp3) that plays until Sleep Analyser has detected that the user is asleep (or after a certain amount of time)?

Could it be set to play a certain mp3 when the "Set alarm and start recording" button is pressed?

I tried it last night, this is absolutely great. I really like the coloured bar at the bottom showing frequency of movement, it makes it a lot easier to analyse at a glance than the aXbo system.

What would be a great addition if you have some time would be to add a custom mp3 alarm that would gradually increase in volume (fade in) over a set period of time to provide a gentle wake-up and then switching on the main alarm at a set volume if recording isn't stopped by then.

Also (and I realise this would be a lot of work so unlikely) if we could upload the results to a (Linux based) PC program to compare sleeps on screen and show average movements over, say, a week to see if there were any typical sleep patterns.

Anyway, thank you so much for making this great app! I've wanted my N900 to do this for ages.

downloaded just latest version, (1.8-54)

its switching now to normal Profile when the alarm occur.

Thanks caco3

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all

I just moved another version into Extras-testing.
Please test it and vote for it.
As far as I can see it is pretty stable and all known bugs are removed.

Some of the new features (compared to the last version in testing):
- Sleep graph added
- Updated design
- Better user interactions
- Improved user interface responsiveness
- Language support (currently en, de and fr.)
- Speed improvements

If you would like to translate it into your language, please let me know.

Happy testing
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Hey caco3, I can do Finnish translations!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
I can do polish translation Can you pm me some details?

Hi tHMZ and kamil365

Thank you for your support!

Its really very easy:
  1. Download PoEdit from http://www.poedit.net/. Its for free and available for all OS's.
  2. Ask CaCO3 (PM) for the latest language file.
  3. Open the file in PoEdit with file => New catalog from POT-file.
  4. Now enter your name, language and so on.
  5. Save it somewhere *.po.
  6. Now you can select any text and add the translation in your language at the bottom.
  7. When you are done, you will have to send me the *.po file!

Thats all you have to do!

How ever PoEdit also generates a compiled *.mo file, this one can be used for testing with sleepanalyser, if you know how to use the terminal, ssh and rootsh:
  1. you will have to create a folder with your 2-digit language code in /opt/SleepAnalyser/i18n. For finnish it would be fi, for polish pl.
  2. In that folder you have to create another folder called LC_MESSAGES
  3. now put your created *.mo file into it and rename it to SleepAnalyser.mo.
  4. Now start sleepanalyser. If you have set the phone to your language, Sleepanalyser now also should use your created file.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Last edited by caco3; 2011-06-07 at 20:02. Reason: Removed attachment

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Hi all

I just moved a new version into testing tree.
It only has a few minor bug fixes (mainly language settings) and we now added French, Dutch and German translations (Thanks to Fred Kwame Ayanful).

Thanks also goes to those who already tested and voted.
Due the upload, those votes sadly now are reset again

Despite of that, please continue voting.
I think it would be great to get this version into Extras, as the version there is now already quite outdated and many features missing.
and more...

After an Update Sleepanalyser dont start. Here is the message:[Screenshot]

What is to do?
Attached Images